Past.

Trigger warnings and mention of themes that some people may find upsetting. You have been warned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days went quite smoothly, Jennifer and Sherlock had only chatted a few times considering that throughout majority of the day Sherlock was sitting in his usual place and playing on his violin; at first the songs were melancholy but they progressively got happier the longer Jennifer lived with him.

Most days Jennifer silently watched Sherlock whilst he played, he never did much else when he wasn't talking to her. This wasn't the Sherlock Holmes that her father had told her about in the letters, father's Sherlock Holmes was an arrogant but amusing sociopath, this Sherlock was an arrogant depressing sociopath. He was not very amusing nor was he as pleasent to be around.

Jennifer loved sociopaths, they had no emotions thus they wouldnt question a person for being emotionless themselves which majority of the time Jennifer was. She may have had emotions but never would she ever let them out for the whole world to see. She always kept them bottled up before she went crazy with the pain and locked herself away to make the blood take away the emotion.

Not many people understood why she was so distant or why she had never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend; as far as Jennifer saw it she was either asexual or pansexual. Maybe not any type of sexual, she had never liked anybody too afraid to be close to anyone in any way let alone in such an intimate way as a romantic affiliation. 

Her relationship with anyone she had met was always so destructive, her mother and step father, her step siblings, her past friends. They always let her down or hurt her in some way, some of the things that they had done to her over the years would surely land them in jail but Jennifer had neither the time nor the patience to go through with getting them done for it.

She knew that Sherlock could tell that she was hiding something, it surprised her that she could keep such things hidden from the genious. The more possible explination was that he didn't tell her he knew but knowing all of those things would surely change how you treat a person, atleast that is how it had always been for Jennifer.

Her friends finding out about her family life made them not want to talk to her again, her extended family rejecting her for "making up" what her mother and step father had put her through every day.

She had gotten used to it by now but it still hurt on lone nights. Those nights she had spent all alone, in her father's old room were alright but tonight she had snapped; before making her way down to check on Sherlock she had lost it and tortured herself. 

She hid the scars well under her sweater knowing that Sherlock wouldn't care but did it out of curtosy anyway. She might aswell hide the ugly scars she inflicted on herself, Mrs. Hudson might see. Mrs. Hudson was amazing, she was like the mother Jennifer never had, she knew that she was only being nice to Jennifer because she missed John but it was nice none the less.

There she was standing in the middle of the stairs watching the sad detective play his melancholy tune, she slipped on the middle step and tumbled down the rest a slight thud being heard from behind Sherlock as he swiftly put his violin down and ran over to Jennifer.

"Are you okay!?" This was the most emotion she had seen out of him since they had argued at the beginning of the week. Was this a good thing? Ugh, she couldn't think of anything her head was dizzy and she could feel the liquid running from her head.

"Oh shit..." Was all that Jennifer could mutter before she blacked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sherlock waited pacing in the hospital room, he couldn't contain his worry at this point. It was highly idiotic that he was worrying about a girl that had nothing to do with him except his dead fiance. He was pacing frantically close to tears he had never been in this state before not even when John had died... he was a sociopath so not crying that much at his death was normal.

Although, to start crying over a girl whom he had known for a few days was starting to anger him more than when the boring teacher tried to steal John. This confused the detective more than he liked and no matter how much he tried to brush away the thoughts he couldn't.

All Sherlock could imagine was never being able to see her gorgeous brown eyes ever again, or to hear her quiet voice, to see her lovely long silken hair or to even simply be in her presence! This drove him to what felt like insanity. 

God why was he thinking like this!? He never cared this much about anything before and John's daughter just shows up and hits her head on the table like an idiot! Making him feel so terrible and worried! 

It was guilt! That was it! He just felt bad that he left John's daughter to get hurt! Surely that was it?

"You can go in now Mr. Holmes. First though we must ask you a few questions."

"Questions? I thought I filled out all of those useless forms on her behalf already?" Sherlock looked agitated and tired at the woman as he let out a sigh and she shaked her head.

"No, not those questions. I mean about her scars."

"What? What scars?" Sherlock looked shocked and caught off guard; he had deduced Jennifer to the best of his abilities and he never saw anything about her that would suggest she had anything but the perfect body. Maybe, in more ways than one...

"The scars, on her wrists? The bruises all over her body?" The woman remarked confused that Sherlock didn't know. "Her father is on his way, we found his number in her phone and made sure to call him."

"No, no that won't work. Her father's dead." Sherlock told the nurse shaking his head not being able to process anything at this moment in time. 

"I mean her step father."

"Step father?"

"Yes, does the name Jim Moriarity mean anything to you?"

"What?" Sherlock fell back in his seat unable to even think clearly.

Scars, self inflicted scars on her wrist... bruises that were most likely not self inflicted... who would..? And Moriarity...?

Why would anyone....?

Sherlock couldn't breath... everything went quiet, dark.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked the depressing arse look into Jennifer's life! I am sorry for the delay and the sadness hope you enjoyed none the less though! Love you all! x