2 ~ Half-Blood Heights

Connor Stoll is the devil.

The troubled teen was not angry. She was livid; more outraged than she was when she found out her boyfriend had been cheating on her for two months and more resentful than she was when her father ditched her at her Aunt's for seven miserable years.

Malia Thompson is floating in the middle of the lake on a mattress.

A sticky note clings to her shirt: HOPE YOU CAN SWIM. - CONNOR STOLL. She crumbles up the note and throws it into the water.

Campers in orange t-shirts gather around the lake, laughing and pointing at the stranded girl. In the front of the group stands the snoring boy with wild brown hair, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

Nothing could be more humiliating than this.

A bird flies above her head, and with perfect aim splats a good sized poop grenade on her shoulder. 

Nothing.

She balls her fist, cursing the boy. Malia would not give him what he wants. He expects her to sit there like some pathetic loser waiting to be rescued. She was the bully after all in her high school, she knew how people thought.

 However, Malia was not at the bottom of the pyramid. She won't allow herself to be a fool. So, the audacious girl does something no one expects (that is, besides Grover).

She strips.

Connor Stoll watches wide-eyed as the brunette dives into the lake with nothing on besides her bra and underwear. Flaming red underwear, he may add.

Grover runs to the dock blushing crimson all down his neck. He helps the almost-naked girl up as she grips the dock, her arms shaking in anger. Grover removes his jacket and tries to cover Malia, willing her to stop. She pushes past him.

"Who do you think you are!?" She yells at Connor Stoll.

Connor tries to stare into her eyes. "I'm Connor, your bunk partner," He smiles and holds out his hand. "And you are?"

A crowd has formed around the two pranksters. Most kids are silently anticipating Connors next move, excited that he has finally pulled yet another trick. He hasn't done much since his brother Travis moved on to college.

Malia narrows her eyes. "Look here, Partner, I don't like to be messed with. If you think you can push me around and pull idiotic tricks on me, then oh man, you're in for a big surprise."

Connor's arm goes limp at his sides. "It was an initiation. No need to be so dramatic. Partner." 

Grover throws his jacket over the wet girl. "Lets go, Malia. We can get you a spare change of clothes."

Malia Thompson is not phased. She stares at Connor Stoll, knowing she will have to prove to this boy she means her threat. She takes the boy by the shoulders.

Connor cocks an eyebrow. "Wow, if I knew-"

Malia pushes him into the lake. The shocker on his palm - which he had planned using on the newbie - jolts his hand, sending electricity up his arm. Connor quickly swats the contraption off.

The crowd laughs, amused at the banter of the two. If they keep this up, this should be a very interesting year.

The troubled teen clutches the jacket tighter around her body, smirking. "Have a nice swim."

~

"See, I told you that you'd fit right."

"Fit in?" Malia grumbles, pulling her hair into a ponytail.  "I'm nothing like him."