Prologue

February 13th 2012 - August 25th 2012

Universal P.O.V:

I stare nervously at the square box in front of me. My whole family, like thousands more around the country, gather around the television waiting for our president's face to appear. The television switchs on, the anthem plays and we wait, anxiously.

'' Hello Panem!'' Exclaims the man who rules us, President Tiberius Snow, son of the infamous Coriolanus Snow. He beamed happily into the camera. It felt as if he was staring right into your soul, seeing your secrets, your fears.

'' One hundred years ago, there was a rebellion, the thirteen districts of Panem staged an uprising. It was no match for the forces of the Capitol and it failed miserably. As punishment for these actions, the Hunger Games was invented to teach you that nobody in any district is any match for the awesome power of the Capitol.

This year, as it is the Fourth Quarter Quell, we have something special in store for you. There will be four games held this year, there will be three games held during the year and they will be like a qualifying round of sorts, the first will take place in the beginning of January, the second willl take place in the beginning of April, the third will take place in the beginning of August and finally, The Ultimate Games will be held at the end of the year in December.

In the first games, there will be twenty-four tributes, but they will only be reaped from Districts One, Two, Three and Four. In the second games, there will be twenty-four tributes, but they will only be reaped from Districts Five, Six, Seven and Eight. In the third games, there will be twenty-four tributes, but they will only be reaped from Districts Nine, Ten, Eleven and Twelve.

Each District will offer six tributes, and there will be eight victors from each of the three minor games. At the end of the year, the twenty four victors will take part in the Ultimate Games and only one will leave. May the odds be EVER in your favour.''