Chapter Three

~~~Allison's Point of View~~~

I was scared, terrified even. I leaned into Sammy's chest as I ate some fries. I swear I was always hungry. I wasn't sure as to why I passed out, or threw up, but I did, but I've felt fine since which I don't in any way understand. I was going to the doctor for Sammy's own sanity, I said I'd do anything for her, and I would.

"Can I just stay in the car." I asked jokingly shoving 5 more fries into my mouth

"Ha-Ha you're hilarious."

My mom was always sarcastic and I'm not going to lie I loved it, I just wanted to know why. Sarcastic people are either bitches, which Mom is not, or hiding something deep deep inside. Maybe it's how she coped with Addie's death.

"Carryy meee." I moaned as I held my arms up towards Sammy who was standing right outside the car. Surely enough she turned around and patted her shoulders hinting she would give me a piggy back ride. 

"You two are like giant 5 year old's." Mom laughed

My grin faded as we got closer to the door and I hopped down from Sammy's back and grabbed a hold of her hand. I tightened my grip which I guess to her was a sign of fear because she pulled me over into an empty hallway.

"See, we made it. You're okay, I'm okay, and your mom is okay. I'm proud of you for facing this." then she kissed me on the nose and wrapped me in her warm embrace. She made me feel like nothing could hurt me. She made me forget everything that was wrong and made it right again when she held me close to her. Although, she was always cold for some reason, but I didn't mind.

We sat together in the waiting room for about 10 minutes and I was already becoming impatient. Mom had said the appointment was for 6:00 and It was 6:05 and they called someone else's name each time a nurse came out. 

"Allison Anders?" a short man came out squinting at a clipboard and FINALLY called my name

"Thank god, It's about time!" I said under my breath as Sammy helped me up.

He led us down a long colorful hall. I don't understand why 17 year olds still have to go to a pediatric doctor they should have doctors for babies, and then toddlers to age 14 and then we can go to the normal adult doctor. I'm not going to lie though, being treated like a child once in a while was kinda fun.

"You two can wait over here" He gestured for Mom and Sammy to wait in a room that was decorated with little Mickey Mouse decals.

"Can Sammy come please." I begged figuring he wouldn't care

"That's fine. Come this way."

He led us into a room across the hall to take all my vitals and then allowed us back into the room where mom was.

"The doctor will be with you shortly."

"Shortly my ass." I grunted 

"Allison!" Mom said with a stern but laughing tone

"Well sorry I'm going to have to stay up later to make up for missing an hour of television watching now!"

There was a knock at the door. Hoping it was the doctor I shouted 

"Come in and get this over with!" 

The doctor had seen me multiple times before but she had a look of concern on her face. This worried me. I wrapped my arms around my waist as I could feel the nausea flooding in as I worried about what was about to be said. 

"Can I have a word alone with Allison ladies?" 

I wanted to scream for someone to stay in here with me but I allowed them to leave to stand in the hall. I mean if they're not keeping Mom in the room it can't be serious.