Chapter 18

(This has been a long time coming, finally after months of time off I'm throwing in the towel. I will finish this story by next Saturday and be focusing on other things. There will be two more chapters this week and then I'm afraid we will come to a conclusion, this is the first part of the finale and chapter 20 will be an epilogue I hope no one is sad! Sorry guys!)

Today is the 24th December, I can hear my family pottering around in the lounge. My son is giggling in the corner: amused by his toys, shaking them vigorously. Thudding rain drops trickled down the windows as a thick, ferocious smog enveloped the night sky. The reflection of the magenta fairly lights temporarily blinded me as they flickered in the metal tap, their shapes merging together creating a bright mass of light. I gaze out gloomily into the grey abyss of the night as the clouds cleared and the rain stopped. 

"YN?"

"Um, yes, sorry Phil, what is it?" I stammer.

"Is something wrong?"

Another shadow passed the window, I follow it with my eyes constantly.

"No, I'll be in soon. Do you want tea?" I over exaggerated my happiness and it was clearly fake.

"I'm okay YN, see you in a minute."

- Murderer -

A bottle of gasoline, four lighters and my camera.

suddenly my hands are stiff and my head is too heavy for my shoulders. I'm scared, I don't want to die, I don't want to go to prison. Carefully I unscrew the plastic lid and inhale the sharp toxins, I slowly pour the liquid over the wooden door and through the letter box. Pulling up my hood I slip on my rucksack before running, sharp pains rushing through my thighs with every sudden step.

Behind me flames climbed the walls and licked the windows angrily. The fire roared furiously and for the first time I felt guilt. I'm not who they think I am, he's dead, and soon I will be too.