Chapter 3

7th September

- News paper -

Last night a man by the name of Michael Ervine was arrested for the murder of Chris Kendall and Catherine Valdes. Police suspect he altered the crime scenes to make it appear as though they were suicide, in Catherine's case this was their first prediction. Later this week Mr Ervine will be attending a court hearing where many prey that he will receive justice...

*Dan's POV*

"They've got the wrong guy." Phil paced, "Besides. Chris isn't dead... He's not dead!"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at her hands.

"Phil. Listen to me. This is very hard for all of us, but Chris is gone..." She breathed, holding back tears. "I'm so sorry!" Tears began to fall off her cheeks and onto her lap.

Phil dropped to the floor. He slumped down against the door and closed his eyes slowly.

"I know... I know... I know..." He rocked back and forth slowly. "I just... Know. That it happened. I've lost someone again."

Y/N sat beside him and rested her head on his shoulder, she held his hand tightly and kissed his cheek. I sat the other side of him and put my arm around his shoulders. Just as I did all those years ago.

He looked up and smiled at us weakly.

I patted his shoulder and stood.

"I'll get tea." I blurted out suddenly.

Y/N smiled and nodded, phil frowned but shrugged it off.

*Flashback to 2012, June 20th*

A hot, dry day: The first of its kind this spring.

Children ran and circled us. Though their torturous comments and stares cut through us like a blade, we never let go of each others hand.

A stone bench sat beneath a tree, the only source of shade in the entire park. I slipped my arm over his shoulders and pulled him closer, he blushed and smiled. His eyes glistening in the burning sun.

Our lips met and we just let the hours melt away.

Once the sun set and the fairy lights were all that illuminated our surroundings, we began to walk through the street.

Teenagers hissed and insulted us at every street or shop. There was no avoiding it.

Phil gripped my hand and kept me close to his side, thank god that he did.

A middle aged man pushed us apart and forced me to the ground.

"Faggot!" He sniped as he threw a punch.

Phil dragged him off me only to be kicked. The man ran away and left us strewn across the pavement.

Phil shuffled over to me and lay beside me.

Though we were in pain, the moon was so clear where we sat.

Once more I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and we let the hours melt away...