Chapter 10

October 20th

"Let it go, Phil. Its been a month. They're gone. Just be here for Iden and Willow, they need their uncle." I soothe.

"Amy, no disrespect but I know them. They would never give up without a fight. Give me time, give them time. By November they will be home, I can guarantee that." He protested.

His gaze moved to the candle lit photo, hung above the fire place. Depicted in the frame was YN and Dan kissing behind the waterfall all those years ago.

"I wish we could just go back to then, our only troubles were jealousy and harsh youtube comments. There were fights and conflicts but we loved each other. We were safe." He sighed, "I need to check on the twins."

A few moments later Phil slowly walked down the stairs holding both babies.

"Look how big you are!" Mollie cooed peeking through the banister.

a gust of wind flew through the living room door and extinguished the candles that flickered on the mantle piece. The draft was followed by a dramatic sigh of relief.

"Who's there?" Keir called anxiously.

The door flew open and banged against the wall.

"Oh... My fucking god." Phil cried.

Tears streaming down his face he opened his mouth to say something, only stammers and indecipherable groans enacted from his lips. He was baffled.

"Did you find Chris?"

Dan threw his arms around Phil's neck and held him close to his chest. YN, PJ, Tyler and Joe ran in and held onto Phil, They held onto each other tightly as if they were afraid of what would happen if they were to let go.

"I'm sorry, we did but..."

Phil nodded sadly.

Willow's eyes lit up as the saw her mother again, the babies immediately burst into tears upon sight of their parents.

Once Dan and YN held them they relaxed and snuggled deeply into their arms.

Phil examined his friends faces as if he had never seen them before.

Dan, PJ, Tyler and Joe had the beginnings of a thick beard and were all equally bruised and battered. YN looked tired and thin, everyone saw the fear in her eyes. Each of them had seen indescribable things, things that will haunt their nights until the day they die.

They were scarred: mentally and physically.

Dan and the boys went into the kitchen and shaved whilst YN went upstairs to shower. She came down with fresh clothing for everyone and she began to tell their tale.

"We found a cabin, an old man lived there alone. Dan and I sat down after he generously offered to give us a bed for the night when out of nowhere PJ and Joe came in. They said they had been staying there for a few weeks with Tyler, he had come to visit for summer in the city months ago, he got lost on a walk with Joey and got kidnapped. Joey made it back to the US. The old man took us back to London and we got home together."

The fire crackled and died out. YN and Dan fell asleep together on the sofa, Tyler and Phil slept leaning against the armchair, Joe, Keir, Amy and Mollie fell asleep on the big bean bag with Timmy.

Finally, the night was calm.