Chapter 9

Sorry it took so long. Here it is though.

"What are you doing Dan? Are you trying to get us killed?" I quietly scream.

He took my wrist between his cold, bloody hands and whispered, "I'm trying to get us home. To Willow, Iden, Timmy and Phil. We've been here long enough."

He kissed my hands and stood up still holding them.

"Do you want to see our family now?"

I nodded, he lifted me up, kissed my cheek and carefully opened the door.

The grimy hall seemed pretty clear. Loud footsteps bellowed behind us. I flashed Dan a concerned look, we ran: Daring not to look back.

The shadow's yells and cries enacted from the icy prison of pain. His men approached at great speeds.

Dan's panting synched up with mine, my heart beat against my ribs violently. Rain lashed our faces, wind caught our breath and the sun shone an angry, amber.

We had left the facilities, but where were we?

Finding ourselves at a clearing we sat to rest. Dan leant against a great oak trunk, I sat in his lap.

As my eyelids got heavier his arms encased my torso like a strong safety net.

The yells and cries echoed through the trees and faded to a quiet murmur.

Dan groaned slightly and gripped his arm.

"what is it?" I soothe.

"Nothing." He gasped.

"Bullshit." I frown, "Come here." I stood.

"Oh my fucking god..." I recoiled in shock.

Dan slowly lifted his arm to reveal a huge gash, oozing with bloody discharge. Inside the wound hung the tip of a rusty, blunt blade.

"I knew I was stabbed but I didn't know the knife snapped." He winced, "Fuck me that hurts!"

I removed my sweater and placed it between Dan's arm and his body.

"I'm going to... Have to, take it out. I'm not going to lie, It's gonna really fucking hurt."

Dan nodded and gripped onto a fallen branch tightly digging his finger nails deep into the sodden bark.

I took the charred metal between my fingers and counted down.

1...

2...

3...

Swiftly I pulled my arm back and dropped the gory blade into the squishy leaves below us.

"Dan..." I whispered leaning over him.

Dan exhaled in relief.

He kissed my lips deeply and looked up at me.

"Look." He pointed up.

Up to the skies.

A bright moon was arise.

His eyes met mine in a warming, loving stare.

"Let's go home..."