Chapter 1

6th October

*Phil's pov*

Chris hasn't come home. He hasn't called. He hasn't said anything.

Everyone says he's run away, gone somewhere new for a fresh start. This isn't like him, he wouldn't just leave, things were getting better.

Rocking Willow back and forth, I stroked her soft brown hair as she blinked at me. So tiny and innocent. Little does she know of my fears, my assumptions and concerns.

There's an easy way out of this world, some can use it, others don't have a choice. If Chris is gone, I'll go too. I cant leave him now, not after all he's gone through to get this far, to get me.

Willow finally closed her eyes and wriggled down in her swaddling. She looked like a little cheeky caterpillar all snuggled up in her fluffy blanket.

"He'll come home."

"How can you be sure?" I ask.

"He always comes home." He says patting my shoulder, "You're a great uncle Phil."

I smile and carefully lay her down and tucked her in. We sat down in the lounge together in silence. It's the moment in the movie when a sad song like 'say something' or 'secret love song' starts playing. Dan turned to face me and put a hand on my shoulder.

He pulled me into a hug, we both broke down. Tears were streaming down our cheeks and soaking into our shoulders.

~flash back to 2014~

"Phil! Where are the mince pies?"

"umm" I frowned.

"Oh Phil, what am I going to do with you?" He laughed.

"I'm not sure!" I smirked.

"I might just have to kiss you!" He growled huskily.

Pinning me up against the wall, Dan looked up.

"Mistletoe." He whispered.

A blush prickled my cheeks.

He placed his hands either side of my head and leaned close.

His nose brushed against mine and his breath tickled the hairs on my neck.

His lips approached mine slowly, I kissed him passionately, there was no way I could wait any longer.

Dan had always been a tease.

Five years.

This is the man I will marry...

~Flashback to 10th January 2018~

Then he said I do. I'm happy in the bitterest way.

I always saw me there, by his side, forever.

There are a million reasons why that can't happen.

People have noticed that since 2015 we've been more distant.

In January 2015 we ended our relationship. His parents found out he was dating me and freaked out. He's a mess. We both knew that we would spend our life together but our dreams were shattered in seconds.

In December of that year he met Y/N and the rest is history.

I'm such an idiot.

~September 30th 2009~

"I'm so glad I met you Dan. You've opened my eyes."

He blushed and pulled me into an embrace...

~Present~

"I'm so glad I met you Dan. You've opened my eyes."

He froze up and tears fell from his red face...

"W... Why d-did you bring that up?" He stammered.

"Because its the truth, we may not be in the same situation anymore but you are my best friend Dan. I love you so much."

"I love you too Phil." He hugged me again.