He slowly turned around then walked into the kitchen.

"Are...are you feeling okay, love?"

He sat down on the stool next to me.

"Yeah...I'm fine."

He grabbed onto my hand.

"It was the dress you saw in the shop window...wasn't it?"

My eyes widened.

"It was beautiful and I bet you'd look absolutely stunning in it."

"What are you saying, Zayn?"

He gave my hand a light squeeze then smiled.

"I'm probably going about this all wrong, but...I don't want to do this the normal way. We're not a normal couple so this...what I'm trying to do...won't be the normal way."

What was going on? Zayn let go of my hand and walked out of the kitchen.

"Zayn? Where are you going?"

I got down from the stool.

"Just...stay right there, Amber..."

I heard Zayn digging through the hall closet.

"Okay...?"

He came back into the kitchen with a medium sized object in his hands; it was a CD player.

"Zayn...what are you doing with that?"

I asked as he placed a CD into it. Right away, I noticed the song that played. It was the song Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney. What surprised me was when Zayn started singing the lyrics to me. I closed my eyes and listened to him sing. When I felt him wrap his arms around me, I leaned my head against his chest.

"I want you and your beautiful soul," he softly spoke into my ear.

I took my head off his chest when I no longer felt his arms around me. And when I opened my eyes, I gasped. There Zayn was, down on one knee.

"Amber...even though today didn't go exactly as planned...all that matters is that you and I are together. And I want us to be that way...for a very long time...th-that is if you want me."

I softly cried, "Of course I want you, Zayn. I'll always want you."

He reached into his back pocket and brought forth a ring.

"So w-will you marry me, Amber?"

I nodded quickly and let the tears fall from my eyes. He got to his feet and slid the ring onto my finger before kissing me.

"So is this why today was a special day?" I pointed to the ring.

Zayn nodded and smiled.

"And if we would have gone to see the lads...this proposal might have been more memorable..."

"What was their part in all this, Zayn?"

He scratched the back of his head.

"Well...they were going to help with the song I sang..."

I trailed my hands down his arms.

"I think it's definitely a more memorable proposal since you were the only one singing."

I hugged him tightly and sighed happily.

"Now you can get that dream dress you've always wanted, Amber..." he whispered.

"Do you know what's better than that dress, Zayn?"

I looked up at him and he was just staring at me.

"What, love?"

I softly kissed him.

"Getting to marry my dream guy...which has always been you."

-------------

Sorry for the long wait AAAAAAAAAND I'm sorry if it's not that good. I kind of wrote this late at night and well, I'm sort of in the middle of trying to end a fanfic and begining two new ones.

I AM NOT TAKING REQUESTS RIGHT NOW

-Ari Horan-