--28--

||

Your POV:

It was the office Christmas party. There were cookies, eggnog, hot cocoa, workers in ugly Christmas sweaters--such as myself--presents for the white elephant and much more. This party happened every Christmastime and every time, there was this...sort of prize. You got to have a fancy dinner with the boss.

There were two bosses; Ms. Corbett and Mr. Malik. The men would try their hardest to impress Ms. Corbett while the woman would try to catch the eye of Mr. Malik. Well, except me. I stayed to myself. It's not that I didn't want the dinner with him, it's just I felt like it should of been how I worked instead of how good I sweet talked him.

So while my fellow co-workers tried to heighten their chances of the dinner, I stayed towards the back while sipping my hot cocoa and humming along to "Jingle Bell Rock". It's what I did every year and I could already feel that it was gonna be another year of me going home and laying on the couch with my dog by the fire.

"What are you doing all the way back here, (y/n)?"

I turned around slowly and saw none other than Mr. Malik himself. I didn't say anything; just took another sip of my hot cocoa.

"You're...always back here. Every year I see you standing back here while your fellow co-workers try to win the date. What is it? Do you not want the dinner?"

I shook my head no.

"I do, sir. I do. It's just I think how we win this dinner should be based on how we work instead of how much we can suck up to the boss."

Mr. Malik did that small half smile. I must of said something good.

"I'm glad to hear that, (y/n)...because I've chosen you."

My eyes widened.

"Really?"

He nodded and I nearly dropped my hot cocoa.

"So, I'll pick you up tonight at 7? Is that okay?"

I nodded quickly.

"Yeah, that's fine, Mr. Malik."

He smiled again.

"Call me, Zayn."

---------------

Not Taking Any Requests At This Time

-Ari Horan-