SON OF TESLA: Chapter 54

PETAR AWOKE TO THE bone-thumping wump wump of the resonant oscillation platform. The breach, something shouted from deep inside his head. It's still going. Petar felt dreamy. He'd been sleeping. It felt so nice. So clean.

He shoved the voice away and rolled over in bed. Just a little more. A little more sleep. But something was wrong. This wasn't his bed. His back tingled with the vibrations, then he felt himself being lifted. Dad?

No, it wasn't right. Wump wump wump wump. Petar's ears throbbed with the sound. He blearily opened his eyes. Blinked. This wasn't his dad. He wasn't eight years old. Petar saw the underside of Brodham's chin, thick with a two-day growth of stubble. Blood pooled at the line of his jaw and formed lazy droplets that clung for a moment and then fell.

It all came back. Earth. The oscillation platform. Jem. He lurched, and Brodham's grip tightened. Petar whipped his head to the side and saw Jem's glowing body barely two feet away. Brodham was going to try to throw him through. No! Petar tried to shout. It trickled out as a mumble.

Brodham took another step. Jem's form wobbled closer.

Thanks for reading my story! Please VOTE and let me know what you think of it so far, then check out Chapter 55!