"Why do they hate us so much? We did nothing to them." I said weakly, feeling afraid, very afraid. I drew my legs up to my chest, and Derek put his hand on my back.

"I won't let them hurt you." he vowed. I looked up at him with fearful eyes, and he gave me a rare smile.

"But you need protecting too." I whispered.

"I'll be fine for one night." he said. I smiled up at him, and he rubbed my back reassuringly.

I had heard stories about how Derek treated his betas, but he's being so gentle and kind to me, why, I have no idea, probably because fear is emitting off of me in waves, and he knows me well enough to not do something to increase my fear. Or maybe because he was my actual friend before any of this happened, and he still thinks of me as a friend.

I don't know how long we sat on the floor, but the sun eventually went down, and the pain in my head increased, and I felt my skin crawling. "Come on, it's time to get you prepared. Do you want to change clothes first?" he asked me, as he helped my aching form up off the ground.

"No, I'm fine." I whispered.

Derek guided me to the upstairs portion of the loft, and he brought me to a support column. "This is not moving, sit down, your back against it, your arms behind you and the pole." he said. He helped me get into the position, and he put a pair of special shackles on my wrists. When I tried to move my wrists, metal would cut into my skin. He put the same type of shackles onto my ankles. He then brought a ring, and placed it around my waist, and if I stayed still I wouldn't feel the barbs cut into me. I heard chains, and he connected the wrist and ankle shackles to the waist band, and tied that tight around the pole. "Okay, usually I would use a head band with spikes, but I'll use a collar, okay?" he said. I nodded my head, and he produced a metal band, and placed it around my neck, and twisted the spikes, just enough so they were touching my skin, but not piercing me. He then used a chain attached to it, and wrapped it around the pole, and to the other parts.

"This gonna be a long night." I whimpered.

"I hope for your benefit you find an anchor. I just want this night to be over." he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I hate seeing you in pain. You're seriously my only friend, I want to take away your pain, but I can't." he told me. I looked into his eyes, being careful of not moving any part of my body, and he had a sincere expression on his face. For him I will try to be good. I will try to stay in control for Derek, my best friend. The only person I am able to trust.

I felt the pressure in my head increase, and I nearly cried out. I tugged at the shackles so I could hold my head, and I writhed in pain, but that only made the pain worse, causing me to shriek. I'm not used to so much pain. "Riley, listen to my voice, find your way back, come on, listen to my voice." Derek said. He placed his hand on my cheek, and I slowly calmed down slightly, and leaned my clammy cheek against his hand. He brushed my sweaty hair back off my face, and he had a pained expression on his face, and I saw his veins turn black, and I felt some of the pain ebb away. I panted, and I tried to catch my breath.

"You're alright, I'm here, I'll always be here." he whispered. I closed my eyes, and I felt another wave, causing me to thrash and scream, I felt my body changing, and I wanted blood. I wanted to kill the alpha that bit me, and made me go through this. I hated the hunters, I hated everyone. Except Derek. Who is right next to me, trying to keep me from moving so I wouldn't be in more pain.

"Come on! Find your anchor! Find your way back! Come on!" he shouted to me, I cried out in pain, and I opened my eyes, and I saw that Derek had his face close to mine. "Come on, find my voice." he whispered. Something seemed to click, and I stopped trying to break free, but I stared up into his eyes, and he stared down at me, and I collapsed, and if it wasn't for Derek, I would've been in some serious pain.

"Derek..." I said sleepily.

"I'm here, I'm here." he said, and I felt the chains being taken off of me. Did I do it? Did I find my anchor? He unshackled my legs and wrists, and took of the bands around my waist and neck. I felt sweaty and bloody. It was gross, but he didn't care. He brought me into his arms, and he pushed my hair our of my eyes.

"You found your anchor... What is it?" he asked.

"You." I said before passing out.

I woke up, and my body ached, I feel like I was dragged through hell. I sat up, and I saw that I was in Derek's bed. I noticed I was in one of his t-shirts, and all of the blood was off of me. I put my hand to my face, and I sighed. I made it. I survived. And I also told Derek that he was my anchor. Shit. I stood up, and I walked to the living room area, where he was sitting. I walked over, and I shifted from foot to foot, trying to come up with something to say. Derek looked up at me, and he had an unknown expression on his face.

"Come here." he said. I walked over, and I went to sit next to him, but he pulled me down on his lap. I fell back into his chest, and he tightened his arms around me.

"You're my anchor too." he whispered.