It wasn't long until he heard pounding on the door and heard the beep from the card reader. The doors unlocked and Donovan was slowly walking into the library.

    Stiles swallowed thickly, trying to slow his breathing when the sound of a vibrating phone echoed throughout the library. He panicked. He immediately reached into his pocket, but then realized that his cellphone wasn't on him. He must've dropped it.

    "You dropped your phone." Donovan said. "It's Carter. Should I text her back?"

    Stiles' heart exploded at the mention of Carter. He knew that it was only a matter of time before Carter experienced his injury and went looking for him. He was also aware that Carter knew that him and Malia were at the library searching through the bestiary; the school would be the first place she looked.

    Donovan pressed decline on the screen, sending Carter to voicemail. "You don't really know who I am, do you, Stiles?"

    Stiles was completely silent. He could narrowly see through the bookshelf that Donovan was moving. He hoped it was dark enough to conceal him.

    "I do know you though, Stiles," Donovan said, walking around the open area. "You're the Sheriff's perfect son who had the perfect life with a perfect best friend until his perfect girlfriend went up and died. But she's back now and you're life is perfect again."

    Stiles could hear the phone vibrating again and he silently prayed that Carter would stop calling him.

    "She's calling again," Donovan chided. "She knows that you're hurt, doesn't she?" Stiles heart stopped for a moment. "And you're probably wondering how I know that. Well, they told me all about her and how I should be careful because she knows when one of her friends are in danger. Ooh, your girlfriend left you a voicemail. Let's take a listen then, shall we?"

    Stiles' heart practically tripled in speed when Donovan said that he knew about Carter's abilities. And he had no idea what was about to happen, but he did know that he was about to do what Scott did all the time. He was going to have to stand up and fight for his life.

    "Stiles, it's me and I know that you're injured, so you need to call me back right now." Carter's voice poured out of the speaker.

    "Maybe you heard about my father? Did your dad tell you about him? Did Sheriff Stilinski ever tell you about the time he was still deputy and his partner got caught in a shoot-out? Did he tell you a bullet shattered my dad's T-9 vertebra? Went right through his spinal cord? Know what that means? It means everything below his waist is useless. And not just his legs.

    "I bet he told you some of it. But I bet he probably left out the part where he was sitting in a car calling for backup while my dad was going in alone. Did he tell you that he was too scared, too much of a frightened little bitch to go in after him? Or do scared little bitches not tell their little bitch sons about their failures? About how they put their partner in a wheelchair for the rest of his life?"

    Stiles was seething and all he wanted to do was go out their a defend his father. Movement suddenly caught his eye, freezing in his spot when he saw that Donovan was making his way up the staircase to the second level of the library.

    He slowly took a step back and turned his head to the side and tried to listen for Donovan's footfalls. Back pressed against an adjacent shelf, a heavy silence fell over the room. And before he knew it, he couldn't hear Donovan's movements anymore. Stiles prepared to take a step forward but before he could, a hand wrapped around his throat and pulled his body through the bookshelf. His back pushed the metal shelves out of place and books were hitting his face before he fell to the floor.