xi.

xi. BOUND BY BLOOD

○ ○ ○

"WE CAN'T CONTROL it. When they were trying to take a sample of my blood, I accidentally electrocuted the woman. And I didn't even mean to. It was like the second the needle hit my skin, sparks just shot up the needle."

"Great," Logan grumbled out in exasperation. "Now freakin' Pikachu reincarnated is infected."

Scott turned to look at Carter again, noticing that the girl looked slightly better than before, but not much. He was silently asking her if his eyes were still flashing. Carter frowned at him, feeling Stiles' arms tighten around her waist. Shaking her head, Carter answered him: "It's still happening."

Malia outstretched her hands in front of her to show everyone her extended claws with sweat beginning to line her face. "I can't make them go back."

At that point, Carter knew that it was definitely the work of an assassin. The only problem was that they had no idea who it was or what was even happening. It was obvious that the sickness was diseased to eradicate all of the supernatural creatures in the school. But what about the effects it caused the human students? What about their casualties? If anyone else died because of a virus that was created for the supernatural, it would be on them.

It was clear that the sickness was taking its toll on the four of them, all of them completely aware that this so called virus wouldn't just make them sick, it was designed to kill them. They would be dead by the end of the day—they would be idiotically naive if they thought otherwise. But the only supernatural in the room that wasn't showing any symptoms was Logan. Out of all of them, including Ken and Stiles, Logan looked the healthiest. He wasn't even sweating.

"Obviously the virus is affecting the three of you in a way it won't hit any human being." Yukimura explained, Carter nodded in agreement as her fingers laced tightly with Stiles'. They were now woven together—unable to be torn apart as he clutched onto her hand just as tight.

Stiles found himself pulling Carter even closer to him when she squeezed her eyes shut and let out a low groan. "You guys have to stay out of sight. We have to quarantine you...from the quarantine."

Carter cringed at how horrible that sounded. Scott glanced over at her and she frowned at him, the two sharing similar concerns about their inability to control themselves. Neither knew what that meant, or what would happen to Scott and Malia as the virus progressed through their bodies. They knew what it was doing to Carter, it was forcing the Pheanix inside her to do everything in its power to keep her alive—including almost setting the locker room on fire.

"Yeah, but where?" Kira asked, looking over to Stiles. "I mean, what if they get violent? Like on a full moon."

Scott shook his head. "We shouldn't stay in here. Not in the locker room."

"A classroom is not going to hold us," Carter added, making sure that they eliminated almost every possible suggestion; nothing inside of that school was going to be strong enough to hold three out of control werewolves. It just wasn't possible.

"What about the basement?" Kira suggested.

"Too many ways out," Scott denied. "We need something secure. Somewhere nobody can find us."

They were out of options, not sure where exactly Scott expected them to go. There was no place they knew of that capable of holding three ravage animals that wouldn't be able to stop themselves from hurting someone if and when they got loose. However, Carter did know of a place. "The vault. My family's vault. We always have an escape route, like our house. I know that there's another entrance, I just—I don't know exactly where it is."