xvi.

WARNING; EXPLICIT MATURE/SEXUAL CONTENT BELOW. I REPEAT, EXPLICIT MATURE/SEXUAL CONTENT BELOW! NOT MEANT FOR IMMATURE AUDIENCES.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. AND PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

xvi. SLEEPY HOLLOW

○ ○ ○

"SHE KISSED YOU, Stiles!"

Before this, Carter had debated whether or not she would even go to his house. She thought about calling him. She thought about what she would say for nearly five hours. Is five hours forever? It had felt like it. She had sloshed up to the door. She had left in such a hurry that all she was wearing were her faded jeans and a black tee. God, only in Beacon Hills, California does it rain like this and actually feel good. She had taken only three steps from her car, and she was already soaked through.

She walked up to the door, trying to think of what else to say. A lot of thoughts crossed her mind, first among them being: Fuck you very much! Fuck you for not listening to me! Right before she knocked on the door another thought crossed her mind. Do you want her? She reached out and stopped cold. The door was opening from the other side.

She pushed on the door and it swung halfway open. There he was, still wearing only the white tee that he had on the last time she saw him. He looked up, phone in hand. Carter's face was tear-streaked, mascara smeared below her eyes. His mouth dropped open when he saw her.

Before she even stepped into the house, she was yelling: "She kissed you, Stiles!"

"What the hell are you talking about, Carter?"

"I saw the two of you kissing at the hospital yesterday when I came to visit you! She practically had her tongue down your throat!"

"It was involuntary and one-sided!" Stiles insisted, stepping forward to meet her gaze. "Carter, would you try to listen for just a second? Please?"

"Why should I listen?" Carter hissed. Fury reigned in her head. It clouded everything else out.

"Because you're the one who told me this. Do you remember? You said we belonged in each other's lives, right? That we were fated to be together forever. You said that was how you and I were supposed to be." He told her.

She glared ferociously. She did dimly remember those words, but her new found anger was two steps ahead of his argument. "If you believed in what I said so much, why did you allow that coyote-bitch to kiss you? Hmm?"

"I'd rather die than be with Malia," he protested. "I'd rather die than be with anyone but you."

"Don't be melodramatic, please, I'm trying to have a serious conversation."

"I'll stop being melodramatic if you stop being ridiculous." He seethed, but she didn't answer. She glared at him, finally taking notice that somehow they had managed to argue all the way up the stairs and into his bedroom. "Are you even going to let me tell my side of the story?"

Carter rolled her eyes so hard her head hurt, "Oh, so now there's two sides. Why would it be any different from the side I saw."

"You can't have it both ways, Carter—either you continue to be ridiculous and let this relationship fall apart because of something you don't even know the whole story to or you don't. One or the other." His voice was stern, but not as strong as before.