Grillby

Frisk sits upright in bed, panting heavily. She runs her hand up her arm and down her back to see that there were no scars or injuries. She then raises a her hand to her head to feel a slight stinging there but there were no scars. There was something cold there, colder and wider than a strand of hair. Frisk tugs on it slightly and winces. Another flower. So far the flowers were on her right forearm, on her right eye, and a couple in her hair.

"Another one?" Flowey asks softly.

                                                                                                ~

When the two reach Sans station, Frisk speaks first.

"How long does it take before Papyrus comes back to Snowdin?" Frisk asks.

Sans gives Frisk a confused look and Flowey does the same. Frisk had a determined expression on her face as she clutched Flowey.

"He should be by the Waterfall by now," Sans starts, "Undyne usually checks the second half of the Waterfall. So depending on what he's thinking, he makes his rounds in a few hours. Never goes into town unless he absolutely needs it though."

"Like what?" Frisk asks, tilting her head to the side.

"Sleep," Sans says, "We need sleep sometimes and food."
Frisk makes a face at Sans and fumbles with her sleeve.

"You eat?" Frisk questions.

Sans snorts and drums his fingers against the stand.

"Of course we do. I'd be ashamed to pass up Grillby's."
Frisk frowns in confusion. Sans leans back a bit in his seat and chuckles.
"Wait," Sans squints (however he does that), "You've never been to Grillby's? It has the best food in all of Snowdin."

Frisk shakes her head and Flowey pokes her stomach. She flinches and pulls back.

"Frisk! We'll get caught by Papyrus at this rate! You have enough flowers as it already is. If we continue, I know we can make it pass Papyrus!" Flowey exclaims.

"It's okay Flowey. Plus I'm starving and really want some food," Frisk complains.

"You stayed in Snowdin for at least a week... and you haven't been to Grillby's?" Sans asks disbelieved and actually kind of looks offended, "Not even breakfast?"
Frisk shakes her head slowly, scared what Sans might do to her.

"Geez," Sans says hopping off his seat behind the stand, "You planning on starving out in the big Underground, Sweetheart?"

"I just didn't have time for that kind of stuff," Frisk stutters turning to the path, "I had to rush out of here to try to get pass your brother."
Sans glances the path and then snaps back his attention to the starving human.

"C'mon," Sans says turning towards Frisk, "We're goin' to Grillby's."

Sans reaches for Frisk's hand, but as soon as his bones touch her skin she draws back and whimpers. Her eyes were wide and she was breathing hard. Frisk's eyes were fixed onto Sans' hand but sees nothing there. He wasn't wearing the shock button like before. Sans pulled up his sleeve slightly and there was still nothing that was going to kill her. Sans raises a non- existent eyebrow.

Slowly, Frisk starts to steady her breathing. It took a few minutes for her to calm down. She nods and they start to walk towards Grillby's. The whole time the two don't touch hands.
Grillby's is like any ordinary shop in Snowdin, but a lot warmer. Frisk relaxes from the heat and Flowey shakes off almost melted snowflakes from his leaves and petals. Immediately leaning forward for warmth. Frisk giggles slightly at her little friend and pats his head slightly.

The other monsters in the restaurant turn their attention to Sans, but then go back to their own business. They don't even spare a glance at Frisk which makes her feel a lot more safe. The source of heat seemed to be coming from the bartender. Frisk assumed he was the owner of the place.

Grillby was a walking man made out of fire and had glasses. He had the normal waiter clothes any waiter on the surface would have. Frisk is confused why his clothes haven't burned off.

Sans orders both of them two trays of fries when Frisk says she doesn't know what to order. Grillby hands Sans a bottle of mustard. Sans extends his hand towards Frisk with mustard. She stares at it for a long while.

"Mustard?" Sans asks while Frisk eyes the bottle.

She then looks at her fries and then back at him. Shaking her head no, Sans's grin seemed to get wider. Frisk shrinked back in her seat as Sans leaned back.

"Welp, guess there's more for me," Sans says as he drowns his golden fries in mustard.

Flowey gives a disgusted sigh as he looks at Sans pour the yellow liquid. Frisk turns back her attention to her fries and munches on them. Trying as best as she can, Frisk tries not to look at Sans. Once he's done putting enough mustard on the fries he starts to drink straight from the bottle.
Frisk looks around the table for ketchup and Grillby seemed to notice her. He grabs a bottle from the far end of the bar and gives it to Frisk. She said a quiet "Thank You" and looked away. Grillby stares at her for a moment and then his flames got slightly brighter. Frisk took this as a good sign. Sans had reacted almost the same when she thanked him, was anyone polite here?

The fries were pretty good and not as bad as Frisk expected them to be. The last thing she ate was a slice of pie in the Ruins and she died more than two times since then. So, she hasn't eaten in at least 24 hours.

Frisk stomach lurches a bit when she starts to eat too fast. Flowey touches Frisk slightly, signalling her to slow down. She nods slightly and munches on her fries until her stomach settles. Sans is halfway thru his basket of mustardy fries and doesn't seem bothered about the amounts of it.

"The food's good, yeah?" Sans asks.

Frisk nods and continues to munch on her fries.

"Told ya' be ashamed to pass up Grillby's," he chuckles, "No one else in these parts make better fries. Of course this is the only restaurant in Snowdin. So, whenever you feel hungry you can pass by here."

Frisk pauses mid munch on one of her fries. She shakes her head.
"I'm not staying."

"Hmm?" Sans hums while giving her a look that he makes when she says that.

"I want out of here, I want to go back to the surface," Frisk mutters while clenching her sleeve. "We're getting out of here."
"We?" Sans asks as he looks at Flowey. "You and your little flower?"

"Mhm," Frisk nods while turning to glance at Flowey, "What about you? Don't you want to leave this place?"

"Heh," Sans grunts and turns back to his food, "Of course I do, Sweetheart. Why do you think me and the Boss try to catch humans?"
Frisk tilts her head at Sans and he waves a hand.

"Just finish your food, Sweetheart."

Sans says that Papyrus would be by Snowdin by now. Although whether he would enter the town or not was unsure. So, Frisk heads back to the inn. She was actually running low on gold and the place was a little over priced. But, it's either that or freezing in the snow, risking dying again. The flowers are starting to get really annoying. Especially with being half blind. So, It's not worth freezing to death in the snow.

********************

1238 words