Chapter 2

Soooo sorry!! I mean I wanted to update weekly, so every wedensday, but I typed this in on monday and totally forgot about it later to publish it.... so I'm really sorry, hope you don't mind the dealy too much, and hope you like this chapter. :)

Tiffany Alvord: Unforgettable at the side. A great video and music I think, I actually cried on it, and it fits the story... I guess. :p

Soo vote and comment a lot! :) And thanks for all your support so far! Love ya guys! <3

*********************************************************************************************************************

Liam's POV

I stood there staring at the girl I knew so well, yet didn't know at all. Those beautiful blue eyes she had, those eyes I knew so well I saw them day and night, I could describe them almost the way they really looked, were strangers to me now. They were totally different, and that made me feel like Lacie herself was totally different from what I got to know too. I didn't understand what changed.

Then the doctor rushed in beside me, looking a bit worried.

"How are you feeling, dear?" he walked to Lacie's bed.

"Who's this?" lacie asked looking strangely at me and trying to sit up.

"Don't force yourself too much, dear..." the doctor said.

"What do you mean?" I asked, my heartbeat fastening and blood rushing in my head." What does she mean?!"

"I told you I don't want any visitors other than family!" Lacie turned to the doctor nervously.

"You don't... what?!" I asked more and more nervous with every second and neared to Lacie." Look at me... Lacie, look at me! it's me! Don't you recognize me?!" I wanted to touch her hand but she pulled it away. My heart was sinking, racing fast into sorrow of hell.

"Don't touch me!" Lacie said.

"Lacie, it's okay..." the doctor tried to calm us." Liam, please come outside..."

"Lacie!" I shouted, as if shouting might get her closer to me, but it wasn't her body that didn't hear me, but her soul. I was starting to loose her.

"I don't know you!" Lacie said scared.

"Calm her down, please..." the doctor called for some nurses, while he pulled me out of the room. I started to think that I somehow got into the wrong room, and this wasn't my fiancee, but that wasn't true. I wasn't going insane. It was them all around me, who were starting to go insane.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Liam... I'm sorry to tell you this, but your girlfriend had a concussion of the brain and it seems like part of her memories have completely vanished." the doctor said seriously. 

Is this some kind of joke? Or a dream? That must be it, I'm in a dream. Or what the heck?! I couldn't believe what was going on, but most importantly, I couldn't understand it. I just wanted to scream so loud and hit something so bad, or just simply solve everything in one second. But I was no superhero. This was real life, today, in 2019. 

"What does this mean?" I tried to ask calmly, so it turned out alost to be a whisper. I couldn't control my senses. My heart was racing fast, my head burned, and I felt really hot. 

I wished the doctor would suddenly just burst out laughing, point at me winking and say "Gotcha! Everything's fine with Lacie, I just wanted to test your love, haha!" and I swear I would've kissed him right there and then in joy and wouldn't have been one bit angry. But of course, this wasn't what the doctor did.

"We're not quite sure wich memories, but it could be anything. It seems like not one memory remained including you, but you must be careful in not shocking her too much with any other information either, because we don't know what she remembers." he explained and I tried to catch the main information.

"But it can be healed, right?" I asked hopefully, and tried not to listen to the pessimist voice in my head. 

"We are very sorry, but there's not much we can do" he said apologetically, but I saw him through a thick layer of hatred and sadness. He was the devil. He was laughing at me, at my sorrow, at Lacie. " She will be sent to a therapist though, what may help bring back some memories, but don't lift your hopes too high." he said.

His voice echoed in my head and I started to faint. And suddenly, a flashback came in my head. I remembered times me and Lacie still loved each other. And I was happy I had those memories.

"Oh my God!" Lacie laughed as I took the scarf off her eyes and she looked around. I smiled excitedly." Oh... my... God!" she repeated." Wait a minute. You took me here for a reason." she looked at me seriously and she looked so cute.

"What a recognition!" I said sarcastically, trying to keep my laugh back.

"No, I mean, you took me here for a BIG reason! We're in a forest, standing at my favourite tree, with my favourite flowers by the tree and a picnic basket with champaigne and your guitar, and I can see the sunset from here, it's so beautiful, and oh my god I'm guessing this must be a--"

"Wedding proposal!" we said at the same time as she turned around and saw me kneeling by her with a ring in my hand. She screamed saying the last part of the sentence as she saw me and I laughed. She jumped in my arms, and we fell on the ground, but I soon sat up, getting serious.

"Wait wait wait" I said, holding my hand up." You had your happy part. But I don't know your answer yet."

"Oh, you know it all right!" she laughed and there was a second of silence. For a second, just a second, it passed through my head, what if she suddenly said no, but it was silly of me.

"Of course I say yes!" she shouted, and I think I saw tears in her eyes." But please can you ask me properly first, I'd love to hear it..." she pleaded, her voice trembling a little.

"Lacie Campbell, will you please, I beg you, marry me?"

"Yes!" she answered again.

"I love you!" I breathed quickly before we kissed, and I picked her up in my arms bride style, then asked her to put the ring on.

"Liam..." she started.

"Yes?" I asked. 

"Do you remember how we started? How we got to know each other?" she asked and I got very serious, but the love never left my eyes and voice.

We never really talked of that time. It brought us bouth back sad memories.

"I'm a much happier person now" she said.

It wasn't much, but the way she said it, with her whole face glowing and a tear flowing down her face, I thought she was the most beautiful person at that moment, and the most amazing too. I kissed her tear, then her eyes, then her lips and pulled her close.

"You won't ever leave me, will you?" Lacie asked.

"Of course I won't" I assured her." I will always be there for you and love you, even if you would hate me and send me away."

"That would never happen!" she said smiling.