Chapter Six

Lena's P.O.V

I wonder if Kara is still with that one guy. What's his name again? Erm.. Mon- something? Or was it Mike?

Whatever his name his, I bet she is still with him. She'll so anything to get away from her true self... her true feelings.

Bing. I open my computer and check the email I just got. It's from my... mother?

I read it quickly. She wants to meet with me, today in an hour. Why?

I check to make sure I don't have anything going on. Then email her back saying it's okay.

What does she want?

** TIME PASS **

My mother will be coming here soon. Probably about nothing. Probably just going to lecture me about something stupid.

I sit at my desk waiting. I look a the clock.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. And then, a knock are my door. She's here... oh boy.

"Come in." I respond, while trying to make myself seem busy.

The door opens and in walks in my mother.

"Lena, hello." She says.

"Hi, mother." I say adding a fake smile.

"Lena, I was wondering, how's your uhm... project coming along? The alien thing?" My mother asks.

"It's coming along fine. Almost done with it, too." I reply.

"Good. Very good. I need one."

"What? Why?"

"Lena please. I'm your mother. Adoptive or not. I've been taking care of you since you were an infant." Mother says.

Should I? No. No. No. Why would she even need one!?

"I don't know if I can give you one now. But can you wait for 2 weeks and I can get back to you?" I negotiate.

"Fine." She says hesitantly.

Yes. This buys me a whole new two weeks to figure out a new excuse to use. Ah. It reminds me of my highschool days, sometimes.

"I must go now. I have a meeting. It was.... great seeing you." She says insincere.

"You too." I lie.

And with that, my mother leaves. 

Why would she want one of my alien detectors?

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: My head is killing me, It hurts so bad, which is why this chapter is so short.

I may not update as much Wednesday - Friday, bc I have rehearsals for a play. So yeah.
Also, if you like Harry Potter, please, please, check out my other book, 'Secrets and Promises'. I'll be updating it more.

Please comment, vote, and share. Tysm for reading. Ilysm. STAY FANTASTIC!!

Lots of Love - T ♡