"W-what are you doing here? I- I thought you were dead?" I said unsteadily. I felt so scared.

"Haha! You are quite funny, dear. Just like your daddy, my Geiger. I am already dead. And I couldn't miss out this. The killer finally gets what she deserves," She laughed cruelly.

"How can you say that? You are a killer," I stated, not feeling scared anymore. Jane's harsh laughter filled my ears.

"How can you say that?" She mimicked me almost ridiculously. "I have never killed anyone. I am totally innocent."

"You are lying. You killed Bethany and Jill. And I bet you are the one who killed Elizabeth and Esther!" I snapped.

"No. The dolls killed Bethany and Jill. I must have instructed them but I never killed. And the other two. They were interfering in my task. I had to eradicate them. Yes, I got them killed but I wasn't the one who killed them." She said in a fake cheery voice.

"Oh! And bye. It's time for me to go. You should never be peaceful, my dear. The third doll is still out there," She warned me with a mocking laugh and disappeared. I picked up my phone and dialled Ezra.

"Ezra. The exorcism it didn't work!" I said panting as soon as he answered the call.

"What do you mean?" Ezra asked, his voice sounding groggy.

"Jane is back! The exorcism- it didn't work," I almost shouted through the phone. There was a long pause before he replied.

"Of course, it didn't work," He answered indifferently.

"W- What?" I blurted.

"Fake things never work, James," He stated blandly. My jaw went wide open when realisation hit me. I never suspected this.

"What? What are you saying Ezra? What do you mean by fake?" I asked bewildered and feeling very lost.

"The exorcism was fake. So Jane is still out there and will always be out there," he laughed hysterically. My gut stirred uneasily. I felt dizzy. Oh my god! This he hit happening. This can't be!

"Y- you are the one who was h- helping J- Jane?" I croaked. Tears blurred my vision. My throat became suddenly dry and painful.

"Bingo! You get a prize," He said mockingly. My heart bet painfully and my chest constricted. I was betrayed.

"You are the one who killed Esther and Elizabeth," I spluttered as soon as it became evident to me. Ezra's cruel laughter is what I heard.

"What's happening to the world, today, eh? The dumb girl I knew before, is suddenly turning sharp!" He said sarcastically. Any moisture left in my eyes evaporated due to the anger I felt. A burning rage replaced my heartbrokenness.

"How could you?" I shrieked.

"How could I? They were interrupting us. They were going on revealing stuff. I had to exterminate them. It was significant," He argued in a laid back tone. My scowl deepened. I watched as the police inform Hailey that her time was over. She gave Scarlett a quick hug and hastily moved away her tearful eyes.

"Why did you betray me? Why were you helping Jane? Why, Ezra?" I asked, desperately through the phone.

"Why not? Why should I not be helping my mother? I never betrayed you. I was always on her side," He replied almost instantly. My heart dropped.

"Your mother?" I asked shocked.

"Yes, Jane is my mother. She adopted me when I had no one. You came to my home and saw the picture of mom and me together. James, you never saw it. But I was playing you. You caught me once but I narrowly escaped," He stated. I didn't reply. I was watching my handcuffed mother, accompanied by the police officers walking on the road to the police car. I noticed that she looked very relieved.

"But I really like you. When you started interfering us, my mother asked me to finish you off. But why would I kill my object of fascination? Yes. Allison, you fascinated me. I was merely trying to save you actually by keeping you in the dark. I have also thought of making you join me. I thought you would happily go against your ignorant mother but you kept on saying,' I will always protect my family '. Then what is a guy supposed to do? And I had lots of entertainment by fooling you around," He laughed. He was the very incarnation of pure evil.

"The exorcism was the biggest joke. I still can't stop laughing, thinking about it," He said, feigning control over his guffawing. I clutched my phone angrily. My fury have never before been elevated to these levels.

"How could you, you asshole? You are going to pay for this. I will find you and destroy you for doing this to me," I cursed. He laughed even more louder at my pathetic threat.

"You can never reach me. I am far away in a place you will never find," He laughed maniacally. I knew he was grinning madly on the other side.

"I don't care. Wherever you are, I will find you, you bastard!" I said, watching Hailey smile now as she made her way to the car. I was so angry more than I was sad. I would have murdered him, if he was in front of me. Suddenly, it struck me why Hailey had killed Geiger. I felt the same urge. The feeling of betrayal is certainly murderous.

"Nah, honey! I don't think you should do that. You have far more important things to take care of at your home. Well anyways, always remember. We are not over. This is not over," Just as he spoke I heard a loud shot being fired. I was stunned. The phone beeped loudly and annoyingly in my ears.

At the foot of the police car, Hailey laid in a pool of blood. Silence followed for a short while, before the police bustled around the lifeless body on the road. My heart stopped beating for a whole second. I was way too astonished. Hailey was shot dead! She was murdered in broad daylight.

Slowly, almost robotically I turned my head to meet the murderer standing behind me. The murderer stood with the gun still aimed at the empty air which was previously occupied by Hailey. The killer's eyes were void of any emotions. A ragged doll with beady green eyes and yellow hair, dangled from a thread around the killer's waist. The third doll!

I was speechless and dumbfounded. I couldn't believe my eyes. I gaped at the murderer with my heart literally on my mouth. My phone slipped to the floor from my trembling fingers.

"Why are you so shocked? I did warn you about the third doll," Jane's voice echoed in my head.

"Y- you killed her," I stuttered, my voice barely audible.

"Sorry, Allison. But I had to do this," The killer said emotionlessly. My mind went blank. Jane's harsh laughter continued to haunt my brain.

I gasped,

"But why, Dad?"

▪️▪️▪️THE END▪️▪️▪️

A/N: Unexpected, huh? Sorry for sinking the ship. But this was how it was supposed to end. There will be bonus chapters. Don't forget to read. Thanks for the votes + comments. Stay safe.