Ch. 5 Visitors

In the middle of the night I woke up because of an unknown reason, then I listened harder and heard the muffled, almost inaudible sound of car tires on the crushed shell driveway. 

Why that noise woke me I haven't the faintest idea. 

The motor was just turned off, I should probably wake Wolfe to see if he knows anything...or so I can be sent to neutralize the threat. 

I gently shake Wolfe awake and tell him that I heard someone in the driveway, after telling me that it was too late to be awake, he goes to look at the car out the window. 

Wolfe's posture stiffens then he says, "go get mother and father, they would appreciate the heads up on the...guests."

As he finishes his sentence I swiftly go to inform Mr. and Mrs. Sixx of the guests, as I arrive at their door I stop short and swiftly but sharply rap on the door and wait patiently before knocking a bit more insistently. I had to wait no more than three minutes before Mrs. Sixx answered the door. 

"Someone has arrived, I don't know who they are, but your son does and by his body language, there isn't any love between them," I said.

Mrs. Sixx looked exasperated, "did Wolfe mention anything about who they might be?" she questioned.

"No miss, well not really. He said that you would like the 'heads up on the guests' if that helps any."

Mrs. Sixx stiffened in the same way that Wolfe did earlier before swiftly turning on her heel and returning to her room (whether it was to rouse Mr. Sixx or to get dressed in proper attire remained unknown).

From inside the room you could hear a feminine murmuring followed by a muffled but distinctly displeased and distressed exclamation (cursing most likely).

I dare not move from my spot until I see Mrs. Sixx followed closely by Mr. Sixx rushing down the hall as she shouted, "return to Wolfe and tell him we're handling it!" I promptly scurry back to Wolfe to deliver my message.

As soon as I return to Wolfe's quarters I open my mouth to relay the message when I'm cut off.

"I heard her, it was hard not to, I'm pretty sure the whole mansion heard her." 

Wolfe is standing with the window drapes pulled open just enough for him to peek through the gentle moonlight from the crescent moon falling gently on his face making him look like he was graced by a god. He started mumbling "I told those imbeciles that they were to only conduct business off my grounds. What could they be doing here? They aren't allowed especially at this time of night." it continued on like that for a while until he turned to face me.

"Onyx, get presentable we're going to set them straight," he said as he tossed a pair of jeans and a blouse at me.

He was already dressed so I quickly did as he said and as soon as he saw that I had the shirt on and mostly buttoned up he not quite ran to the door. I followed him after quickly folding my previous attire and placing it somewhere neither of us would trip over then shutting the door I easily caught up to him(I knew where the front door was so I could figure out the general route he would take) even with the brisk pace he set. 

As we descended the main stairs we came upon a scene that was best described as...war? It looked like a battle but somehow not.

"Star, release my mother. Monroe, get away from my father and comfort your poor sub!" I hear Wolfe shout from above me.

They do as told, congregating by the door as I see a third person appear from seemingly nowhere. 

Star had neon pink hair, really cool makeup that could be seen from miles away, a white crop top with a leather jacket over it, a pair of matching booty shorts over a pair of fishnet leggings, and a pair of neon orange and hot pink bedazzled heels with spikes on them. There were so many tattoos on him of people I was unfamiliar with, he(she?) also had fake nails on that looked super impractical but great on her(him?).

Monroe had red and black hair that was longer on one side and shaved looking on the other, black and white tribal-looking makeup, one bright blue contact and one blood red one, a black button up shirt/vest with white accents on the shoulders, black leather skinnies that are held up by a bullet belt, and knee high leather boots with ten silver buckles on each. He had tattoos that were draping across his upper body in a very intimidating manner, he also had a bridge piercing, snake bites, and tapered ears.

The person who just appeared out of nowhere had red and pink highlights in his black hair that was long but kind of looked like it managed to defy gravity, two stripes of unity on his left cheek, purple and black ombre lips, red eyes, drawn on eyebrows, a plain red shirt with a black knee length jacket, black leather pants, and knee high leather platform boots. He had tattoos showing out of the top of his shirt, a septum piercing, and a blue dream catcher in his hair.

As Wolfe finishes descending the stairs the newcomers do a respectful almost-but-not-quite bow before asking who I was.

"Her name is Onyx, she is the newest addition to the family, and she is mine."

Monroe smirks, Star holds his(her? Yeah let's just say that Star is a her) hands up while looking slightly (but playfully) offended, and the mystery newcomer just stands there slightly shielded by Monroe.

I nod my head to them to show that I acknowledge their presence and accept their judgement. 

Star looks like she's going to fall over in shock over something though at to what  I have no idea.

"Stop balking over her Star," Wolfe said, "she came that way, perfect isn't she?"

"What do you mean she came that way? there is no fucking way that she came that way," Star practically screeched.

"Yes she came that way," Wolfe rolled his eyes, "what are you doing here? You aren't supposed to be back for another two months, you aren't even supposed to be here at this hour."

"Um..." Monroe began but was cut off by Star, "we finished the job, and the tour had a stop that was by here anyway so we decided to come and say hi."

"You couldn't have waited until morning?" Wolfe snarks irritated by their idiocy.

"No," mystery guy said, "we actually leave in a couple hours and we needed to get in touch because we miss you, please at least consider coming with us on these last few dates? Everyone misses you and I know it was much easier for me to plan everything with you distracting Jayy-Bear and The Star because we both know what their attention spans are like."

Wolfe rubs the palm of his left hand across his face before saying, "fine, I'll meet you at the bus in four days. I'm bringing Onyx. I'm also bringing more blood, because we all know you go through it faster than a dehydrated man goes through water in the Sahara. Foam too."

Mystery man opens his mouth, closes it, looks down then back up and says, "I'd argue but we are running low on both. I think we're on our last jug of blood and third to last box of foam mix."

During this conversation Mr. and Mrs. Sixx disappeared (probably back to bed) because they saw that Wolfe was handling everything just fine.

"See you in four days, now get back to that bus and everyone I know you left stranded without the keys because you wanted to stall them leaving. Go, GO. GO! Out! OUT OF MY HOUSE!! SHOO!!!"

Everyone blushed and scrambled for the door at that statement.

As Wolfe locked the door he shook his head and said, "Let's get as much sleep as we can because for the next two months we're not going to get much. Come. Bed. Lights. Sleep."

We got to his room and I (after changing back into my nightclothes) got back into bed and fell into a peaceful sleep for the remainder of dark hours. Wolfe also changed and fell into bed to be dead to the world well into the middle of the next day.