1

MM: Shayla Shayla Shayla

June 1989

| Compton, California |

Shayla

I slept soundly, but that was soon to be interrupted as I felt as if something was crawling on my neck. I groaned as I smacked the side of my neck so hard it stung. My neck felt fleshier then normal, or maybe I am bugging since I am still half-sleep.

"Damn Shayla!"

I fluttered my eye lids open, seeing Eric standing over top me, rubbing the side of his face while wincing in pain. I finally opened my eyes all the way as I sat up in the bed.

"What's your issue?" I sleepily asked as I stared up at Eric, who was staring back at me.

"You aint have to smack a nigga...I was trying to be cute and shit kissing yo neck and you smack the shit out me"

Eric snatched the covers off me, exposing my naked body. I scoffed and snatched the covers back.

"Nigga it's cold, don't wake me up fucking with me Eric."

I laid back down and pulled the covers over my head. I didn't even know what time it was and he waking me up to play around. 

One thing he should know by now is not to fuck with my sleep or my food. I peeked from under the covers to see him still standing there, this time I noticed he was fully dressed.

My head appeared from under the cover as I sat up, leaning my back against the headboard.

"Why are you dressed? Where you going this time of morning Eric?"

"You don't listen to shit" 

He shook his head and walked away towards the dresser."

"What you mean I don't listen" I climbed out the bed as I followed him. "You ain't  say shit." 

"I gotta leave to finish touring baby I told you this." 

Eric turned to me as he handed the wooden brush to me, then licking his lips as he lustfully eyed my naked physique. I looked at the brush in his hand, then back up at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Brush my hair, what you mean what?"

I sucked my teeth, "What's wrong with your hair right now?"

Eric glared at me as he spoke. 

"I aint in the mood for one of Cube quotes right now La, come on stop playing and brush this shit I gotta hurry up".

"Gimme!", I snatched the brush out of Eric hand and brushed his hair into a puff.

Eric looked in the mirror and frowned. "A puff ball? Fuck am I supposed to do with this?"

"Eric aint you late? You wanted to play around last night instead of getting your hair done so I don't know what to tell you", I shrugged.

Eric waved me off as he started putting his pager and keys into his pocket. Everything was everything. I wouldn't say Eric is my official boyfriend again, he has one of many tasks to pass before we do this whole relationship thing again. 

If he can go the whole tour and I mean the WHOLE tour being faithful, then we can work something out. Until then, I'm technically "single".