"Nothing happened, Alex. Please do me a favour and ask mom and dad to take Charlotte home." Saying that, Christopher walked towards his car that had just arrived.

As soon as he opened his door, a beautiful voice stopped him. A voice he'd dreamt of hearing every morning and all day long since he spent the weekend with it.

"Christopher, wait!"

"Why? So that you can..." but he didn't get to complete the sentence. A set of mouth was pushed upon his.

Initially, Christopher was surprised, but when Emilia bit his bottom lip, he responded to the kiss and took over it. Turning her around, Emilia was now trapped in between the car and Christopher's rock hard body. Her one hand was placed on his shoulder and the other fisted in his hair, pulling on it.. making Christopher groan.

Christopher grabbed her ass, squeezing it. Moving his hand to the small of her bare back, he pulled Emilia closer to him, removing all distance from between them. Gaining entrance in her mouth, his tongue tasted every inch of her, savouring it. Just as the kiss was about to get more heated, Alexander pulled them both apart, gaining a glare from Christopher and a dazed look from Emilia.

"Guys, as much as I would love to see my best friend and my cousin fucking each other's brains out," Alexander said sarcastically, "a lot of other people are watching too."

"Let them watch. I don't care."

Christopher was about to kiss Emilia again, but could see the change in her when she heard Alexander's next words.

"There's media too... and you," Alexander said, turning towards Emilia, "cannot afford being seen with another man until after the press conference explaining why you.....you know.. has been held." Pausing, he continued with a mischievous smile, "Actually, please continue. I am sure that your father's Security will deal with it, as long as you are fine with your father seeing you sucking faces with Christopher, that is."

Alexander knew that Emilia mustn't have told Christopher about her almost wedding, and he didn't want his cousin finding out about it like this.

"Why can't you be seen with me?" Christopher was confused and irritated; he hated it when things were kept hidden from him.

Ignoring him, Alexander spoke up, "Should I get my security team to check if these guys have any footage of you two kissing?"

"Please," Emilia nodded, "Thank you, Xander.. for always looking out for me."

Nodding his head, Alexander gave her a small smile, leaving Christopher and Emilia together while he made a call to his head of security.

Just as Christopher opened his mouth to ask her what the matter was, Emilia said in a monotone, "Let's go somewhere private.. if you're going to be in my life, you need to know about this."

Nodding his head, Christopher seated her in the passenger side, got in behind the wheels and started the car. "Should we go to my place?"

Emilia simply shrugged and continued looking out the window while Christopher just stayed quiet and patiently waited.

Reaching his mansion, Christopher got out to open Emilia's door, but was beat by the watch guard. Taking it over from Alberto, his 40 something watchman he said politely, "Thank you, but I got it from here." and helped Emilia out and inside his haven.

"You live here? All alone?" Emilia was surprised. This was the best, most expensive and largest real estate property in the entire America.

"Not alone.. the helps stay here as well, they have the east wing to themselves."

The mansion was huge.. it had everything, including a helipad and a 20-car garage!

"Can we please go to your study or room or something?"

Nodding his head, Christopher led her to his study. Closing the gate, he turned towards her to find her seated on his couch with her head dropped in her hands. Getting down to her level, he said softly, "Please look at me, baby."

Emilia looked up and Christopher took a sharp intake of breath on seeing the raw emotion and hurt in her eyes. He wanted to protect her from any harm.. from anyone who could cause her harm. In that moment Christopher came to a revelation.. that what he felt for Emilia, wasn't lust or just care or even mere liking. No, it was more. Much, much more. And right now wasn't the time to think about it. Cupping her cheek with his hand, he said, "Ems, babe, you can tell me anything."

Her silence was actually scaring him.

'What could be so bad that....' Christopher's thinking was interrupted.

"I was engaged. Friday, when I met you at the hotel, I'd just broken it off. I was about to get married to Liam Parker in three weeks' time, well, a little under two from today. But, I caught him fucking my sister, in our bed. So I left and haven't spoken to either of them yet. They don't even know that I know about their little escapade." Finishing, Emilia gave a dry laugh and taking in a much needed breath, she turned to face Christopher.

Her heart just shattered more on seeing his face.

Anger, hurt, betrayal, and some more anger, were plastered all over his face.

"WHAT?!" Came Christopher's loud, furious voice.

----------------------------------------------

Damn Daniel! 

*snickers* I have always wanted to use that!

This chapter was a little towards the shorter end... but I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far!