∞ Chapter 9 ∞

This chapter was long overdue. My life is just really hectic right now. I'm having some personal issues. This is dedicated to Amii2007 for being so sweet <3 Anyways, enjoy:)!

Hayley's P.O.V ♥

I was still in shock. I've known Blake since freshman year and never in my life have I seen him that furious. If looks could kill, Courtney would have died right there. What shocked me the most was that he strangled her. He was against physically hurting girls ... but I couldn't help but feel that the witch deserved it.

I was really tired of getting pushed around. I felt so weak. I had to start standing up for myself.  My high school life has been nothing but hell. I just wanted to enjoy the rest of my senior year. Was that too much to ask for?

I felt anger. Anger towards myself for letting Courtney push me around for so long and for being such a freaking weakling. A single tear slipped down my cheek and I wiped it away with the back of my hand, refusing to cry. I clenched my fists."She's not worth your tears," I told myself. That was when I decided. I am not gonna let Courtney ruin the rest of my high school year.

***

"Yes they are!"

"No they are not!"

"Yes they are!"

"No they are not!"

"Shut up!"  I shrieked, slamming my hands on the table and glaring daggers at Nathan and Alison.

Now that Nathan and Noah have gotten comfortable with all of us,  Alison and Nathan have been arguing every single time they meet. It's been only three days and I already couldn't take their constant bickering anymore. They argued about the most ridiculous things. For example, now, they were arguing about frogs. Yes, you heard me. Frogs. Nathan thought that frogs were cute whilst Alison thought they were slimy and disgusting.

They scowled at each other before continuing with their meals. Blake, Logan and Noah just shook their heads.

"Anyway, I heard that the auditions for the Battle of the Bands is next month. Are you gonna audition for it?" Alison asked me while munching on her fries.

"I don't know. I don't have a band, so no I guess," I sighed in disappointment.

"What's that?" Nathan asked, wiping his oily hands on his jeans. How hygenic.

"Battle of the Bands is a singing competition for bands that the school organises every year. The band has to consist of at least three members. If you make it through the auditions, you will have to perform and compete with other bands. There's gonna be a panel of judges that decides who wins. The band that wins would get to record a single with an artist. And guess what : This year the artist that the winning band would be able to record a single with Adam Colton!" Alison gushed.

"The Adam Colton?" Nathan asked in disbelief, his eyes widening. Adam Colton is an icon. Every single person that lives on this planet knows him. If you do not know him, then well, you're probably living under a rock.

"Mhm! He's so hot," she nodded her head and giggled.

"Hotter than me?" Logan pouted, pretending to sniff.

"Naw of course not," Alison cooed, pecking him on the lips and leaning against his shoulder afterwards.

Logan grinned cheekily, wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing her, which turned to a make-out session in front of the whole freaking school. I just shook my head while the rest just made gagging sounds.

Nathan covered his eyes with his hands and shrieked,"Get a room, the both of you! You're gonna end up making babies on the floor and scar us for life,"

That seemed to get their attention because a second later Logan and Alison gave him a flat look as Blake, Noah and I burst into fits of laughter. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I tried to get a hold of myself as people were starting to stare.

"Okay,okay. Back to the topic," Alison rolled her eyes. "So, are you gonna participate?" she asked me.

" I don't have a band," I reminded her as I sighed, my mood changing instantly.

"We could always make one," Noah suggested. "I could play the keyboard,"

"I could be the guitarist," Blake offered, grinning. "And you, the lead singer," he continued, pointing at me with his fork.

"Really? You guys really wanna do this?" I asked, clapping my hands gleefully, suddenly feeling excited.

They both nodded their heads, grinning.

"Hey! What about me?" Nathan pouted. "I wanna be part of the band too! Can I be the drummer? Please!"

I rolled my eyes at him. "If you could actually play that is,"

"Hey! I've been playing since I was ten mind you!"

I stuck my tongue out at him childishly. "Fine,"

The rest of lunch went by with all of us discussing about the band name, what song we could perform for the auditions, etcetera. Alison insisted on being the 'manager', planning the days where we would come together to practice and keep us from getting distracted ( typical Alison ) and Logan said that we could all practice in his garage. We decided that we would decide on the band name later. Besides, we had a lot of time for that.

***

I groaned into my pillow. I was about to doze off when my phone started ringing. Grabbing my phone while yawning and rubbing my eyes, I answered the call, not bothering to check who it is.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily. My eyelids felt so heavy right now and I was about to go back to sleep when the person on the other line answered.

"Hi, uhm, it's Jamie here. Sorry to bother you but erm ... I was wondering if you are free this Friday night?" Jamie said before clearing his throat.

My eyes shot open and I jumped out of bed, covering my mouth with my free hand.

"Yes! I mean, sure why not? I don't have any plans on Friday night heh," I laughed nervously, facepalming at how desperate I sounded.

Jamie chuckled and replied,"Awesome! I'll pick you up at six. Text me the directions to your house later okay? See ya,"

"Okay bye," I hanged up. I fell back onto my bed and sighed. I bit my bottom lip and squealed.

Then panic started to kick in. What was I going to wear? What do I talk about? What if he kisses me?! I called Alison and without even saying 'hello' I told her about my upcoming date with Jamie.

"OH MY HOLY CAMELS! I am so doing your makeup and hair! You're gonna look amazing!" Alison squealed.

Before I could even reply, she cut me off. "I'm gonna plan out a lesson with Blake for this date. Don't worry about it. I am so happy for you!" she said in a high-pitch voice.

"Thank you so much Ali! Your the best," I replied, grinning widely.

"Naw what are besties for? Anyways I gotta go, Logan is calling. Bye!" she said and hanged up.

I had been waiting for this moment my whole life and it was finally here. Lying back down onto my bed, I fell asleep with a huge smile plastered on my face.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Sorry for the boring chapter :/ This is kind of a filler.

~Nat ❤