"Who the fuck did that to you?" I stared at him, confused. He spun me around gently and pushed me to the mirror and I inspected my neck. I gasped when I saw a bruise forming in the shape of a hand, a hand that wrapped itself around my throat yesterday.

"Oh, uh, no one. I tripped?" My lie came out as a question and I knew even if I tried, I couldn't lie to Jonathan.

"Tell me, now."  His hold tightened on me and I knew it was a warning, to not go against him. Something rose within me. Call it girl power,  or the future lawyer in me to want to know what happened but I wanted to figure out my attacker on my own, and maybe piss off Jonathan in the process. After all there was nothing sexier than an angry Jonathan.

"No."

"What did you say kitten?" I caught the priceless surprised look in his eyes before his face returned to steel. I guess he wasn't used to people defying him.

"I said no, but since you couldn't hear me I say hell no." He spun me around so fast I could've gotten whiplash. Smashing me up against the wall, I was flush against his warm body.

"Kaila, you will tell me right now who did this to you so I can put them in their damn place or I will punish you." My eyes widened as I saw that he wasn't messing around. Though I knew his punishments weren't going to hurt, I wanted to push him. I wanted to see how far I could push him, and maybe get a few punishments along the way. I wanted to stick with my resolution to figure this out on my own, but my body was betraying me, and responding to Jonathan's orders. Without my consent my lips formed the words I was fighting to say.

"A man attacked me in the woods, right before my house. He didn't do anything to me, well besides the whole strangled thing, but I'm fine." I tried to shrug it off, but I could tell Jonathan was getting more and more furious the more flippant I was.

"Listen to me kitten, no one in this world has the right to hurt you in any way. If they did, they have me to answer to. Who was it?"

"I don't know, I've never seen him before."

"Describe him to me."

"Well, he had unnaturally red hair, and clear crystal blue eyes. But his eyes, they were dead. Like the soul that occupied his body was no longer there, as if he had no reason left to live." The words tumbled out, I hadn't even known these things when I looked at my attacker, but they were true. I watched Jonathans eyes flicker in recognition.

"You know who it is, don't you?" He nodded stiffly.

"Logan, an old pack member of ours gone rouge after his mate died. And as soon as I see him, he's dead." Jonathan stated, as calmly as if we were discussing the weather.

"Jon, you can't kill him!" Instead of getting angry at me, like I thought he was going to for defending him, he smiled.

"I like the nickname." I stared at his contagious smile, trying not to hyperventalate and remember what we were talking about. Before I could get us back on track and ask the thousands of questions I wanted to about werewolves, us, Logan, and well mainly us, the door flung open. Jon and I's heads whipped to face the newcomers.

Eve came tumbling through the door followed by Will, they were both smiling at me. I remembered the position Jon and I were in and I shoved him away from me. He simply reached back for me, though Eva stopped his advances.

"No! Boys out! It's time for some quality Kaila-Eve time. Out!" She shooed the male out and it was pretty funny watching two grown males yield to a small fiery redhead. 

"Wait! Jon and I have to talk!" Eve cut off Jon's attempt at a reply.

"It can wait"

"I have a ton of questions though."

"As I said, it can wait, you know were not monsters or anything so I wont hurt you. I just really need to talk to you, and that can't wait."

 "Eve, baby, just tell me whats wrong. I swear I'll make it better." Eve visably paled at Will as he tried soothing her.

I sighed, knowing this was a losing battle. Locking eyes with a concerned Jonathan I mouthed, I'll talk to you later. He nodded before walking out dragging an unwilling Will with him.

"And if either of you listen to our conversation, there will be hell to pay." She slammed the door shut before running over and tackling me in a bear- er wolf hug.

"Welcome to the pack, Kaila! Now, spill."

Oh boy, this was going to be a long girls night.

***

So, What do you think is so important to Eva that can't wait until Kaila talks to Jon about Werewolves? Is Kaila human or shifter? What is Logan up too?

 First person to get one question right gets dedication!