For a second I saw his body tense up and I knew he was aware of me being here and witnessing his little show. His head turned in my direction and only when our gazes locked did his eyes turn black. Did he really hate me that much? Red spots starting popping in from of my eyes as the dizziness overwhelmed me.

Do you understand now? I couldn't recognize the voice that entered my head. I knew it wasn't one of my pack, but the sinking feeling in my stomach told me it was him. It was Mason. Was that even possible? Only wolves from the same pack could mind link, right?

I watched as my so called mate ran kisses across her jaw. I could feel my wolf begging me to let her take control.

Before I knew it two arms had wrapped around my waist and began pulling me in the opposite direction. I had no idea who it was, but my feet followed anyway. Guess even my wolf was not strong enough to look at him anymore.

"Here," I heard Emma say. "Sit her down." My body was lowered on to a chair and I fell back against it, my body suddenly feeling drained of all energy. Emma unscrewed the lid and handed me a bottle of water. "What is wrong with that idiot?"

My mind wasn't focused on where I was or what everyone was saying; I was only focused on calming my wolf. Being away from her mate, her sadness subsided and her anger took over. Inhaling deeply, I knew I couldn't let her be released. This school may be mostly filled with werewolves, but there were still a few humans and the sight of an animal ripping a girl's throat out wasn't exactly something they would forget.

"Guys," My voice was hoarse and the words came out as nothing but a whisper. "It's ok, I just need to get to class." I said pushing up off the chair, hoping my legs would take my weight. Without waiting for them to follow, I opened the door and stalked off down the hall.

My palms were sweating and my legs felt heavy, I could feel my head pound with each step I took and my heart sank every now and again as images flashed through my mind. I felt like crap.

"Ah, Miss Harper. Did you forget where your class was?" My teacher - Mr Fordon - asked. He looked quite proud that he had gained the whole classes attention and that they now had their eyes solely focused on me. Stupid idiot.

Begrudgingly I ignored his attempts of embarrassment and hunched my shoulders. "No sir, I was in the library and lost track of time."

"Where else would a pathetic nerd like her be." He sniggered. That velvety voice instantly sent shivers running down my spine. My breath hitched as his woody scent breezed over me. I could feel his stare burning into me, but I refused to look at him. I couldn't.

Mate. My wolf whimpered.

Yeah, and what a mate he is, I thought sourly as I made my way over to my desk. Luckily I wasn't too close to him, though that didn't mean I wasn't aware of every movement he made and every whisper he shared with the people around him.

"I can't believe you two are mates." A girl who sat close - too close for my wolf's liking- to Mason chirped. My heart stopped beating. Where they talking about me?

I tilted my head so I could see them through the brown curtain of hair I had used as a wall. "I know!" Another girl - Harmony - whispered. "I never thought Jake would be my mate." At her words my heart started to beat again. Jake was one of Mason's best friends.

My eyes instinctively fell on Mason as he leaned back into his chair as if he didn't have a care in the world. He rested one hand on the back of the girl's chair and the other on the desk, a pen twirling between his fingers. I even noticed how his right leg slightly bounced up and down. "He a lucky guy, Har." Mason said with nothing but honesty in his voice. "You make a great couple."