The earth is just aweful

Thank you for the views, this art was made for me by a friend. Please enjoy the next chapter.

Sodalite walked threw the fauna on the earths surface, making sure she was still heading west. And unfortunately it's started raining, but sodalite wouldn't let even water from the sky slow her down, Though, the plants she was passing were very annoying and slowed her down more than she liked. She had her sword out in order to cut down the vines and bushes in her way. She had to give the crystal gems a little credit. If they were able to deal with these annoyances and maybe even hidden their base base  some that was very dense and collective. Home world gems might have a hard time finding it, but they would still defiantly find them. The crystal gems were far from stupid if they have lasted this long, and even a gem as proud as sodalite couldn't deny they were smart and resourceful.
Sodalite groaned in annoyance as a thick bramble bush was more unwilling to cut as easily. What was the point of any of these plants?! The vines that hung from the trees were far from being useful as rope, they broke to easily. The trees were tall and thick but still didn't protect against the weather from the sky's. How frustrating.
Though, sodalite did find one plant she found a little useful, a plant with a mouth that ate any of the small incests foolish enough to land in its mouth, a plant that helped eradicate a small species wasn't bad at all, especially since that particular species wasn't smart enough to know to avoid it, it didn't really deserve to exist. Just like how the gems lived, if a gem was to weak, or served no purpose, or even was just to annoying  to be worth keeping them around.
Sodalite sent a powerful slice threw the brush and huffed standing staring looking ahead of her seeing the whole path cleared at least for a while, "that's more like it" she said to her self though maybe she shouldn't do that again, if the crystal gems were near by or even have a look out to keep watch for the others, that easily could alarm them. That would either run and hide like the cowards they are, or finally stand like real gems all all attack, sodalite was strong, but wasn't meant to take on a fight like a quartz soldier was. Assassins were meant for stealth attacks, and though they could handle a one on one fight, the more gems are her the less she'd be able to hold her own.

Sodalite walked for what seemed like hours until saw a large dark Clift. She could simply go around, to save the effort of climbing. Sodalite looked to the left, the cliff seemed to continue for miles. She looked to the right, and all there's was, was a pile of stone, probably the after effect from a rock slide, the stones looked unstable, climbing on them could result in an accident. At the worst sodalite would get poofed and loos yet even more time. Sodalite could also head left but that could put her way out of the way. Had sodalite already passed some sort of landmark? When she swung her sword with a powerful gust of wind to slide the plants, did she accidentally destroy the landmark and  had wales for miles without knowing she had already passed the crystal gems base? Or had she just simply gone the wrong way the entire time? The crystal gems could have simply jumped west to confuse every gem, or to head to another location instead of their base. Perhaps they had chased down that ruby and sapphire.

Sodalite shook her head, "even if I don't find them my self, at least another sodalite will, I have complete trust that one of us will" she said out load. Sodalite decided she would just climb. Heading in a straight line would cover more ground than simply following the lay of the land. Sodalite gabbed onto the stone and started climbing. The Clift wasn't all flat, not like how a kindergarten would be, perfectly vertical. It was a little at an angle which made it easier to climb. Wasn't so much so that she could stand though.

She climbed for a while, at least long enough for the rain to stop. Sodalite sighed happily that it did, her thick her felt very heavy when it was wet. She finally found a ridge to stop and take a break on. She pulled her self up and relaxed looking down at the way she had come, getting down looked difficult. She looked to where the pile of rocks lay, now to her left. That could have been caused by something attempting to climb down the Clift side. It could have shaken loos a rock which would have fallen and caused and chain effect and caused more. Soon the whole Clift side would have collapsed and caused that pile.
Sodalite wasn't going to turn back if that was the case. She glanced around the arena she was sitting on before realizing there was a path. Who ever caused the rock slide, had been there several times before. It could possibly lead her to the crystal gems location. Sodalite quickly stood and headed to her right, opposite of the rock pile and walked.

She walked for hours, it was starting to get dark. It was a bit hard to see. But at least she could still see her footing and the path. The sounds of the earths night was odd to sodalite, does everything in this planet not understand silence? How annoying. Thought sodalite. She could have written HUGE log books with how many things she disliked about this giant hunk of rock, the faster the crystal gems were dealt with, the faster this planet could be turned into a colony and finally be made useful.
Though, as sodalite walked she felt as though the hairs on the back of her neck where standing. A reaction some people would get when they suddenly felt like they were...being watched. Sodalite didn't feel alone anymore. She began walking slower. Making sure her foot steps became light and soundless. Her gaze stand ahead of her as now she only listened.
There was nothing for a while. Well only a few minutes. Before heavy steps followed above her on another ledge. Most likely a larger gem, could it be a quartz....a rose quartz? Sodalite couldn't help but fee excited, a gem, a crystal gem was following her, and would most likely attempt to take her out. And crystal gems didn't travel alone by the sounds of it. A second pair of foot steps followed. Trying to get closer to sodalite to get a good look of her. It would be easy to mistake an ally for the enemy, many gems had defected and now, a stealth attack couldn't be made unless they were one hundred percent sure it was the enemy. Other wise that risked poofing or..worse to their own ally.
Soon, the door steps stopped, sodalite wouldn't bring out her weapon yet, not till she was sure of how many she was up against. Two was going to be challenged enough. Sodalite wasn't experienced enough to handle more than that. In fact, this was her first real encounter with the enemy and her first fight. It had her excited, the thrill of the fight was making it nearly impossible to stay calm. She had only just noticed she was walking faster than before. The gems up top of her was most likely even more suspicious.
That's it! Sodalite couldn't take it anymore, perhaps she was better suited to be a quarts soldier but she just couldn't handle not turning to fight. For all she knew she had her target above her, ready to 'turn her self in' she would put up a fight, and sodalite wouldn't back down. Sodalite bent her legs before leaping very high into the air pulling her gem out of her sword as she arched her back twisting her body in the air. She fall hard onto the highest ledge causing the dirt under her feet to fly into the air as she landed perfectly with her sword in hand. Ready to face these followers..

~to be continued