Maybe You Should Leave

Reality started slowly crashing down onto you.

Phone crushed to pieces, you were being kidnapped by a strange little man in a strange yellow town with, apparently, only nine inhabitants, and if Creep Man was being counted in the list he had earlier muttered to himself, eight of them had not dared yet to show their faces and help.

Creep Man, you noticed, was carrying you to the outskirts of the town, where the welcome billboard stood proud. In between his mutters, you could make out words like sportscandy, junk food, periscope and other nonsense. You were fairly sure you even heard a Sportadork in there.

In the midst of your kicking and general lashing out (an activity in which you had been engaged for at least ten minutes), you didn't notice at first that Creep Man had stopped walking.

What you did notice was that his grasp on your mouth had loosened a bit.

What a great opportunity!

You promptly bit Creep Man's hand, who screamed out in pain and let go of you, letting you fall headfirst onto the ground.

You heard a nasty thunk as you made contact with the ground.

"S-Sportacus!" Creep Man suddenly said as he turned around.

Ah, the cop! The cop is here!

You turned, feeling somewhat groggy, but wanting to get a look at your saviour.

That was not a cop.

In front of Creep Man stood a muscular man, wearing an offensively blue outfit, a strange mix between a workout suit and a formal one, shoulders studded with metal parts. He wore armbands and number ten brooch that clasped his sort of jacket closed. On his head stood something that slightly resembled a swimming cap, goggles and all. A long, straight moustache rested above his lip.

 A long, straight moustache rested above his lip

Not a cop.

"Robbie Rotten!" Sportacus exclaimed. "What are you... wait, what are doing?"

Hey, you thought. Creep Man's real name was... Robbie Rotten? As in... Rotten?

"Sportacus!" Creep Man, now Robbie Rotten, apparently, exclaimed. "This... kid... Y/N! Y/N bit my hand! Thank God you arrived on time!"

No, this wasn't right.

"Hhhhld... hhhhhld on a... ggdammmm... Seccc..." you mumbled, trying to get up. The grogginess that washed you over when you hit your head remained still, slurring your speech.

Sportacus noticed your pathetic attempts at communication.

"Robbie, what... did you ask for help?" He paused, then shook his head. "Why did Y/N even bite you?"

"Oh!... Ah..." Robbie said. "No reason! No reason at all! Y/N's a... a psychopath! Y/N's dangerous!"

"Nnnnnn..." you tried to say. "Nnnnn... Nnn... Nnnnnoooo!" You managed. "Nnnnnnnnnuuuu!"

You started wriggling about desperately as you wailed, moving like a worm, with your face still on the ground.

"Nnnnnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

Pause. You had to catch your breath.

"Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuu!"

Sportacus and Robbie stared at you in silence.

You stopped wriggling suddenly. Wide eyed, you turned to face Sportacus fully, even managing to slightly prop yourself up with an arm. An idea had bloomed in your mind.

There was no stopping you now.

"Help," you mumbled, then collapsed.