Smoking & Sirens

Luke lights up a cigarette and taps the ash out the window.Taking another drag of it and puffy the clouds of smoke into the car.He hands me the cigarette and I place it to my mouth,taking a drag on it.

The crisp cool air hits my face as it blows in through the window.Luke turns up the volume on the radio.He holds out his hand to mind and we hold hands as he drives.Street lights flicker into the car window and we sing loudly and out of tune to the music.

One last puff on the cigarette and clouds of smoke fill the car before chucking the fag out the window.

Luke makes me feel so free,so alive.The wind blows my curly hair all over the place and I can't help but laugh.

"Wooh" Luke yells out the window as we drive at a high speed through the town.

"Let all the energy out baby,I wanna hear you scream" Luke looks his piercing dark eyes.

"Wooh" I yell and stick my head out the window.

Luke turns left in one of the backstreet road before pulling up on the fourth house.He turns off the ignition and get out the car.

"Wait where are you going?" I ask

"Just wait here baby" He asks as he walks up the driveway and knocks on the white door.

I sigh and look down at my phone.I watch as the front door opens and Luke stands there talking to the guy for a moment before a passel is handed to Luke and he stuffs it in the front of his jeans.

The front door soon closes and Luke walks back down the driveway and gets in the car.

"What was that about?" I question

"I'll show you later baby"He replies

"Don baby me Luke just answer the question" I demand

"Don't forget who you're actually talking to yeah babe?" Luke bores his dark eyes into me.

I suck in a breath and look down at my phone.Luke's mood changes like the weather and I should know not to anger him.

The rest of the journey is silent between us and it's not long before we pull up at another house.

Luke turns off he ignition once again and slams the door.

My eyes snap up from my phone when a loud bang noise sounds outside my passenger side door.I look up into Luke's eyes.

"You coming?" He questions

I just nod,tucking a loose hair behind my ear and getting out the car.

Luke takes my hand into his and we walk towards the house,loud music already playing as we walk up the drive way.Many groups of people smoking,laughing and drinking loiter outside the house.

"What up Dexter" Luke shakes hands with a blond guy in a leather jacket

"You good man?" Dexter questions before looking up and down

"This is my girlfriend Ronnie" He introduces me

"She's a hottie dude,what happened to Louise?" He questions

My eyes snap up to meet Luke's

"She's long gone man" He tells Dexter

"Cool man,enjoy the party dude" Dexter pats him on the shoulder,Luke nods before tapping on the door.

"Who Louise?" I question as we enter the loud house.

"Nobody babe" He huffs

I decide to leave it there and not ask anymore questions.