Chapter 9

"Hey, is this RT?" I asked.

"Sameul Adams?" He asks. Yes I'm named after an alcoholic beverage, it's code names.

"What up Rubin!" I say laughing. I haven't heard his voice in forever.

"Bailey! Nothing really, how about you?"

I smile "same dude, hey you think you can hook me up for something?" I ask.

"Didn't you just get out of that place?" He asks laughing.

"Yes. Who gives a fuck?!" We both laugh. I know I'm doing something wrong. I know I'm about to fuck up again but if I'm a fuck up anyways who cares.

"True, true. What do you want?"

"Um let's see do you have any Lortabs and Fireball whiskey?"

"Hittin hard after rehab," he says laughing but I've known Rubin for a couple of years to know that he's shaking his head right now.

"Yep. Need some extreme pain killers." We laugh.

"I have some but where do you wanna meet up?"

"Well I'm at the usual Chevron if you wanna do it there."

"Be there in 5."

We hung up and I sat at the old Chevron. It's not abandoned but it's usually where you get the alcohol and deal drugs. The three workers/manager don't care and they don't have any cameras. They just don't want you stealing.

Tonight my friend, Tess, and Iven are working the gas station. Me and Tess go as back as Rubin, and me and Iven met last year. Iven is Tess's cousin and the manager is a good friend, Lance.

Tess walked outside and sat down with me.

"Waiting for RT?" She asks, knowing exactly why I'm here.

"Yep. Getting some pain killers."

She shook her head "girl. Didn't you just get out of rehab?"

I nod and she laughs while shaking her head. " You just don't learn do you."

I shook my head. "You have no idea girl."

She sighs "I could use some too." She knows I got Lortabs and Fireball, it's my usual thing I get. We are awful. I'm an awful person. But why care, I've got Zack, Momma, and Delilah. Delilah is an alcoholic, Zack is an alcoholic, and Momma is wonderful but she's with Dad and barely does anything when he talks to me like that. That doesn't mean I don't love her with all my heart cause I do, same for Zack and Delilah.

"I don't mind giving you some."

"Really? No payment?"

"No payment. It's been a long night for both of us."

She smiled "alright, but only one."

I laugh "alright."

I had 20 dollars now. I found $10 in a pants pocket and already had $10.

Rubin pulled up and jumped out. I jumped up and hugged him.

"Well Sameul, here it is." He tells me, using my code name in case anyone is around listening.

"Thanks RT. How much?"

"$12. I'm cutting you short cause I love you and you haven't been here in a while."

I laugh. "Thanks dude. By the way, do you by chance have a string bag or purse I could use?"

He laughed "yes. But just cause I love you." He sprints back to his truck and gets a Nike string bag, blends in with my outfit. Probably stolen.