Chapter 1

I stepped off of the plane that landed in the Destin/Fort Walton beach, Flordia area. My brother Zack was waiting for me in the lobby. I dropped my bags and ran to him and jumped in his arms. 

"Bailey I've missed you so much!" he said to me as our eyes glistened with tears.

I smiled as tears traveled down my cheeks. It had been a whole summer and two months into the new school year that I had been gone. Zack had called, or tried to call, every week. Gotta love your protective and close brothers. I'd never had a sister and only ever had my older brother, which was fine. 

"How was it?" he asked as we slowly pulled apart and walked back to get the bags that I'd thrown down. 

"Long, painful, and a pain in the ass," I told him and we laughed together.

"Well, are you, ya know, better?" he asked with a hint of hesitation.

I rolled my eyes, "yes, I'm better. I've got a check up in a month with the Doc to make sure I'm doing good."

He nodded, pleased with that idea. I knew what I had done had effected him and I'd felt awful about it but it was to late to take anything back. Oh well, a summer and two months of therapy sessions, classes, and people constantly checking in on you like you were a  suicidal bomb about to explode. I couldn't say I was perfectly assured and stable but I was good enough to pass through, or maybe a good enough liar. Whatever works.

Zack and I walked out to his car and I whistled. He chuckled. "Like my baby," he said stroking it. It was a black 2016 Chevrolete Camero convertible with white racing stripes down the middle. "Damnn," I said, admiring it. He laughed again and we got in it. 

The bluetooth was on Zack's phone so of course we listening to rap music and some pop. "Handsome and Wealthy" by Migos was playing. I kind of like the song so I danced along with it. He laughed and shook his head. I smiled and laughed out a "what." 

We pulled up to the apartment building and it stretched, had to be 10 stories. "Oh my lord," I half said to myself. He chuckled "don't get to worried, we're only on the sixth floor." I playfully shoved his muscular shoulder and my stomach dropped to my butt. I was scared of heights. 

"It's okay Bails, I've got you," he assured me and it helped...a little. 

I smiled anyways and nodded "let's go."

We grabbed my bags and started inside. We stepped into the elevator, another one of my fears. I stared at the doors as they shut me into the small metal square as my brother pressed the number six button. There was a ding and the elevator lurched up. I grabbed my brother's and squeezed it slightly and watched the numbers increase slowly. He rubbed my arm and I lightened up a little. My personal therapist at my boarding school/rehab clinic tried to get me to discuss my fears with her but there were a lot at the time I went. At the time I had lost one of my closest friends, Evan, me and Zack moved out of my parents house, and I had been taking pills. 

The elevator dinged again, bringing back into reality. I let go of Zack's arm and grabbed my bags as the door opened. We walked down the hallway and I looked around. He unlocked the door and then said "oh and did I mention that Parker Lee is our roommate." I walked in and dropped my bags and my jaw slid ajar. "No, no you didn't." I said. He smiled sheepishly as shirtless Parker walked out of his room, didn't even say hey to me. Jackass.

"Hey Parker, Bailey just got here," Zack said to him as we made our way to the kitchen.

With the help from Zack I got my bags to my room. I thanked him then started unpacking. So many clothes from two little bags. I put my pictures that i took with me on my nightstand beside my bed. They went there perfectly. My closet was pretty full and I unloaded the only three pairs of shoes I'd brought there back in there place. My room was all back into order by time Zack called me for dinner. 

We sat across from each other and ate a pork chop. We laughed and talked about everything I had missed out on and all that I did in Pennsylvania. Because we lived in Flordia and Pennsylvania was so far away, Zack could only call. Plus our parents wouldn't let him go see me in fear it'd mess me up.

"So, when you going back to school?" he asked, eating the last bit of his meat. 

"Monday, so I can just slide on in."

"Nice decision."

I laughed "right."

Parker had gone out for the afternoon doing his usual fuckboy stuff so me and Zack had the house to ourselves. We watched a movie that he'd picked out, and it was good. Not my type of movie but still good. I walked to my room and took my clothes off and put on a big t-shirt to sleep in. I turned my music on my phone on low volume and slid into bed. I was almost to sleep when I felt someone crawl into my bed and wrap there arms around me. My eyes went wide as they pressed their lips to my ear and whispered "hey sugar, you from around here?" I snapped around and saw who it was. Parker.

"What the hell are you doing in my bed!" I yelled at him.

He pressed his finger gently against my lips "shh, you're gonna be okay," he said as his hand slid up under my shirt and rubbed my back, his thumb resting under the band of my underwear. "In your dreams sweetie," I whispered and pushed him off of me. I tried to slip out of the bed but his hand grabbed my wrist pulling me back in. 

"Um, you can let go of me you jackass."

"You going to go get you brother," he said with an attitude.

"Not even close."

His brown eyes gleamed. He thought he was getting lucky. Fuckboy's I swear.

"Look, you can leave now," I told him.

"Why?"

"Get out!" I yelled.

"Whyyy?"

"Get the hell out of my room!" I yelled him and tried to push him off my bed but just ended up falling on the bed beside him. 

Zack flew the door open. He was in his boxers. "Parker! Dude! Why are you in my sister's room?"

"Oh, this is her room?" he asked. 

"Man have you been drinking again," Zack laughed.

Parker laughed with him "maybe just a little." 

Bullshit. Not a hint of alcohol was in his breath. That liar. I stood beside my bed now in my over sized t-shit and blue, laced underwear. Zack shook his head "Parker, dude, just go to your actual room. I'm going back to sleep," and he walked off. His door opened and shut.

I glared at Parker "you're a liar."

"Blue's one of my favorite colors," he winked.

My cheeks brimmed pink and I was sure he noticed. I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. He laughed. 

"I'm calling bullshit. There's not a hint of alcohol in your breath."

"Wanna taste?" he gleamed.

"Um, I'll pass. I wonder who else has been tasting."

He chuckled "oh sweetie, you don't even know."

"Get out already."

"Aww, you don't really want me to leave."

"Yes I do."

I jumped on the bed over to him, grabbed his hand pulling him out. "And stay out!"

His laughed bounced into my room then he turned to his room. I crawled back into my bed and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts on Parker and Bailey's first meeting as roommates?? 

How about thoughts on Zack and Bailey's "family reunion"?? (BTW that part was based off of my brother and me, just saying...)

SNEAK PEEK: Tension rises in the house!! Parker and Bailey are left home alone ;)....I'm just gonna leave it like that.

Comments on the first chapter?!? Any suggestions are strongly wanted! I love you guys :) BTW that's Bailey at the top!!