Chapter 5

The ride home was quiet, except for Zack singing with his music. Parker sat in the front seat stiff as a board, looking out the window. I sat in the back looking at the stars, I loved the stars. We pulled into the parking lot and walked inside our building.

After we got off the glass elevator we walked into our apartment. I walked into the kitchen and poured me a glass of tea then went into my room. I didn't change yet, I didn't want to see all of my bruises yet. I sat down my tea and turned on my music.

I waited till I knew everyone was asleep to change, I didn't want to risk either of the boys walking in on me. My body ached and moving only made it worse. I slid my shirt off and looked at the bruise on my ribs and my back. My shin was bruised and my cheek and ear was red. I covered it up with some foundation and powder, though it should be gone by tomorrow but it was just in case. I slipped my shorts off seeing my hip bruises. It looked awful.

I sat on my bed in my underclothes. My face in my hands. The door squeaked open and I scurried to try and get under the covers. 

"Well that was a sight to walk in to," Parker's voice said.

"Oh shut up and turn around so I can put a shirt on."

"You can stay like that if you want," he said with a smirk.

I laughed "shut up and turn around or you can get out."

"Slow Motion" by Trey Songz came on and my back was to Parker as I looked in my drawer for a shirt. My favorite part came on and of course I moved my hips to it. Parker whistled at me. I threw a pillow at him "turn around!" He snickered "I was enjoying the show." Asshole.

I found a big t-shirt and some shorts and threw those on. 

"Okay you can turn around now," I told Parker.

He turned around and said "that bruise on your back is from Ryan isn't it."

I sighed "no, I fell off my bed."

"Nice try sweetheart."

"Dammit, I thought maybe you'd fall for it."

"Nope," he laughed.

"Yes it is. Why do you care?"

"Because, I, um, I don't like it when guys hit girls. It's not right."

I knew he was lying when he stuttered on his words. I raised an eyebrow but let it slide. We sat across from each other on my bed. It wasn't awkward, far from it but I knew he'd want me to share my secrets. 

"You wanna know all my secrets right," I said, breaking the silence.

"I don't know about all of them but tell me about Ryan."

"Um, if I told you about Ryan I'd have to tell you about a lot of other things too."

"I don't care."

"I know you don't but I do," I said, debating whether I should tell him or not.

"What do you want to know about Ryan?" I asked him.

"When was the first time he hit you?"

I thought back to the first time we dated. It was a long time ago but I remembered it like it was yesterday. The first time he slapped me. 

"It was I think like four months into dating the first time we dated."

"Why did he do it the first time"

"Because I forgot to tell him that I was going out with Delilah."

"Delilah's your best friend right?"