Chapter 12

The next few weeks were a blur. Slenderman had been sending me to so many missions, that my schedule consisted of sleeping, eating, killing. I didn't even have enough time to talk to anyone but that didn't stop me from wanting to talk to Jack. Ever since that night I haven't been able to get him off my mind. Finally, the day came when Slenderman didn't have any mission to assign for 3 whole days and I was eager to have a break, but most of all because I'll be able to talk to everyone without having to rushing off to complete a job.

I went downstairs to the kitchen where everybody was eating breakfast. Upon getting off the last step I felt someone tackle me down. I looked at my attacker and saw that Toby had wrapped his arms around me in bone crushing hug. 

"Finally, I get to see you! I missed you, Jessie!" He fake cried. I rolled my eyes and patted his back softly. I turned my head and my cheeks went pink when I noticed that Jack was staring at us. Toby didn't seem to let go, deciding I was his new to pillow and laid on top of me. I tried to shove him off of me, but since he was a bit stronger than I was it was a struggle. I could feel his chest rumble against mine as he began laughing at my failed attempts to escape. 

"TOBY ROGERS, IF YOU DON'T GET OFF ME RIGHT NOW I'LL MAKE SURE YOU NEVER HAVE ANY CHILDREN AT ALL!" I yelled in his ear. He quickly scrambled off of me and protected his little friend. I stood up and glared at him playfully.I heard laughter behind me as I felt an arm slither over my shoulder and pull me closer to a body. My cheeks heated up because I knew it was Jack.

"Remind me to never piss you off." I heard Jack say. Toby stop covering his friend and smirked at me. I glared at him again,put my finger to my throat, and ran it across while staring daggers at him. His face went paler than usual and he put his hands up in surrender.

"Anyways, are you guys hungry?" Jack asked. I nodded eagerly since I haven't had a full proper meal in a while. 

"Well, let's go eat!" He said turning around. His arm was still around me so I had turned around along with him. He didn't seem like he was going to remove his arm, so I relaxed and turned to see Toby making kissy faces at us. I rolled my eyes again and smiled at Jack. I couldn't see his face but I'm sure he was smiling too. 

Jack's POV(Newly added to this chapter)

I heard a thump at the end of the stairs as I made my way to them. I was going to go greet Jessica, but I saw that Toby beat me to it. He exclaimed how much he missed her these past few days and Jessica rolled her eyes and patted his back. I frowned and felt something strange inside me at the sight of Toby hugging her. Why am I acting like this? 

Jessica had turned her head and I noticed her cheeks turned pink at the sight of me. Why are her cheeks pink? Her attention went back to Toby and she began trying to escape his hold. He began laughing at her failed attempts and I felt that same feeling again.

"TOBY ROGERS, IF YOU DON'T GET OFF ME RIGHT NOW I'LL MAKE SURE YOU NEVER HAVE ANY CHILDREN AT ALL!" Jessica yelled. Toby immediately got off and I felt a smile creep on my lips at the fact that he was no longer touching her. Jessica got up and I don't know what went through me but I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her to me.

"Remind me to never piss you off" I said trying to break the newfound silence.

Toby was smirking and I felt Jessica move one of her arms upwards. Toby's face went paler than usual and lifted up his hands in a surrendering motion so I assumed she threatened him. But what was he smirking about?

  "Anyways, are you guys hungry?" I asked. Jessica nodded eagerly and I fought back a chuckle at her cute actions. Wait, cute? 

  "Well, let's go eat!" I exclaimed and turned around. Since my arm was still around Jessica she turned around with me. I felt her relax and I smiled at this. She smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back. 

Hey guys! I decided to add a Jack's POV because why not. Hope ya'll enjoy this small surprise and thanks for reading, bye!