Chapter 13

Malik POV

We stayed up majority of the night before I fell asleep in the middle of some movie I didn't know the name of. When I woke up I half expected to see Tahj next to me or at least close by but instead I was greeted with a blanket thrown over my tall frame. I rolled off the couch, stretched until my body no longer felt tight and went searching for soon to be lady of the house. "Tahj?" No answer. "Tahj where you at?" Again no response so I just used that as my sign to look for her. My apartment wasn't that big so I would assume she would hear me calling for her and if she was in the shower I would hear it running. I scanned the first room that made sense- my bedroom and sure enough I found her knocked out on the bed with her hair everywhere. I know when she comes to her senses she's going to be mad she didn't put her bonnet on.

I walked over to her side of the bed, "Tahj wake yo heavy sleeper headass up we gotta start moving some of your things over and start fixing up the other room."

"No, we can do that later." She looked up at me with puppy dog eyes and it probably would have worked if she didn't look a hot mess. "Nah because knowing you it'll get pushed back to tomorrow and then it'll get pushed back to next week. Plus if we get it done early in time we can go get ice cream or something." I dont know why but that had her spring out of bed, rush over to the bathroom, and start the shower. All I could do was shake my head and chuckle.

***

After spending about 2 long hours getting ready we finally made our way over to her apartment with tons of boxes in my trunk. "So are you sure you want to move in with me? I don't want you to think I'm pressuring you into saying yes."

"Geez Malik for the 5th time I'm grown enough so no one can pressure me into anything. When I said yes I truly meant it. You've taken care of me and this child as if it were yours. I should be asking you if you're sure you want me moving in with you because this is a pretty big responsibility. What if you find someone that you want to take serious and then you have to explain to them our situation. I don't want to put you through that."

I studied her face for a minute when I pulled up to a light and saw genuine fear in her face. I don't know if it was fear about being a mother soon or fear that I would take back my offer. I leaned over and kissed her on the cheek, "I wouldn't have asked if I didn't mean it. Plus you don't have to worry about all that as far as we're concerned that child is mine, now let's just focus on getting to your place and moving everything out."

We pulled up to her place and luckily for me she really only had clothes, shoes, and a few other necessities that needed to be moved. I estimated we would probably have to take 2-3 trips back to my place before we were fully done moving. Once we started packing i could hear my phone going off.

"Malik your mom is calling you."

"Aight, answer it for me please." I soon heard her holding a conversation with my mother. Based off the length of time they were on the phone you would think my ,other called me to talk to Tahj. "Okay ma'am I got you. I'll make sure your spn does all the heavy lifting but here's Malik."

I took the phone out her hand and placed it to my ear, "Hey ma what's poppin........Yeah I'm busy right now......It's not like that ma we're packing up her things. I wouldnt even have answered the phone if we were doing that......I don't want to talk about that with you lol anyway what's going on why'd you call?.......I mean I don't mind but I would have to ask her, I'll call you back and let you know what she says....alright love you too." And with that the conversation ended.

"Aye Tahj do you have any plans for Christmas?"

"Uhh I usually go visit my family but since I have yet to tell them I'm pregnant I'm not too sure that's the move."

"Okay well mama dukes invited us to spend Christmas eve and Christmas with her so is that something you would want to do?"

I saw a bit of hesitation on her face but before I could say anything she beat me to the punch. "I'd actually really love that. Now that I think about it Christmas is what...2 weeks away? Damn time flies."

"It sure does plus you're the first female I'm bringing home so you'll meet my entire family including my sister and her little boyfriend."

Tahj POV

Now that he mentioned it, I really would be meeting his entire family and I'm afraid that they'll just label me as the pregnant girl that Malik is taking pity on. I looked up to see that he was staring at me and is if he could read my mind he announced, "By the way don't worry that my family will judge you or think any less of you because they won't. My mom loves you so she definitely won't let that happen and neither will I. On top of that my sister knows our situation and don't like when people get reckless at the mouth. So understand you have at least 3 people on your side."

I simply just looked at him and placed a soft kiss on his lips which he reciprocated. "I really do appreciate you Malik, honestly for everything you do. I know me saying this is probably selfish but I have strong feelings for you and I know it's not because you were there when I needed someone but it's because you're always there. You're always making me smile, you think of others before yourself and that just makes me want to spoil you more. You make me happy and I damn sure want to be one of the reasons why you're happy. I guess what I'm trying to say is I have genuine feelings for you and I'm fairly positive they aren't going anywhere."

I couldn't stop the words from spilling out no matter how hard I tried. It's like the regular me was saying 'stop' but the inner me just kept yelling 'nah keep going'. By the time I was done I was so embarrassed that I put us both into this uncomfortable situation. I gathered my thoughts together and made my way off the floor only to have him follow my actions. "Look I'm sorry I know it was unfair of me to throw all of that on y-"

"Hush, as my girl I would hope that's how you feel about me or else this would be an awkward relationship." I couldn't help but to blush. "So when did we enter a relationship again?"

"The same moment you expressed that you were feeling the same way about me that I was feeling about you. I mean I don't just ask anyone to move in with me. Now let's hurry up and get all of this moved over." I blushed before responding, "alright baby."

***

We spent the rest of the day moving all of my things over which I'm happy I got out of the way because the semester was ending this week and I had 3 finals I had to make sure I passed. I didn't want anything else stressing me out before the break started.

"What are you thinking so heavy about over there?"

"Nothing just how I'm glad I can scratch this off my to do list. We have a good chunk of things for the baby already I just want to get more gender specific things. Which reminds me I made another appointment for the end of this week so we can figure out the gender of the baby together." I looked over and saw him nod in agreement with a slight smile on his face. Who would have known that this situation would have taken turn for good. He reached his hand over the armrest to take mine in his as we drove to our apartment in a comfortable silence.

comment. vote.