Chapter 18

First I want to sincerely apologize for not publishing on Christmas day. I'm a few minutes late but as we know it was Christmas and I was helping around the house for our Christmas dinner. Merry Chrimuh Errbody I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. And for those that don't celebrate Christmas then Happy Hanukkah or Happy Kwanza and if I missed any other holiday forgive me.

******

Tahj POV

"Tahj darling......what are you doing here?"

"Is it so wrong for me to want to stop by, I mean it's Christmas afterall." I let out a slight chuckle. This was going to be a very uncomfortable visit I could feel it.

"Well dear I guess you're right come inside." I let my foot cross the threshold and more I came into light the more her shock grew. She was unable to hide it not like she would if she could anyway. Her voice cracked while calling for my father. "Honey come downstairs our daughter has graced us with her presence and it seems she has quite the surprise for us."

"Our daughter? My baby girl came to visit after she full out denied our invitation? Don't pull on my chain Sharee you know my heart wouldn't be able to manage it."

"She's not lying pops. I'm home for the holidays." With that he made a speedy entry into the foyer but stopped immediately.

"Tahj...why are you hiding a basketball under your stomach?" And it has started the snide remarks are soon to come I can feel it.

"It's not a basketball pops it's a baby." The disappointment was written on their face followed by another expression. Not anger, hurt maybe? "Are we such bad parents that you felt the need to keep this a secret? I know we have our moments where we get a bit judgmental and we're working on it but you didn't even give us the chance to accept this before you assumed the worst of us. So that's why you denied our Christmas invite? How far along are you?"

After hearing all that I really wish I didn't have to answer the question because I knew it would only make things worse. "I'm 5 months about to be 6 in a couple weeks."

"Wow, so why are you telling us now? Guilt or something happened? Something must have happened because that's really the only time you visit us, hell that's the only time you call us. Do you know how much it hurts to have your only daughter avoid you like the plague and then when shit is going bad for you is when you show up? That's called using people Tahj." Tears began forming at my eyes. I knew my mother was right in a sense and I knew I couldn't turn back time so I would just try and fix things now.

"I found out I was pregnant when the semester started and I wasn't excited about it but I accepted the idea that I was responsible for a human being and I was going to tell you guys after I told Oscar but things didn't go as planned. When I told him I was pregnant he gave me an ultimatum. He told me either I get an abortion or take care of the child on my own and you guys can see which choice I chose. Things were just getting harder and harder on me. I lost my job and was struggling to find another on until this guy helped. He was just caring and made sure we were always alright. I just didn't know how to tell you guys and once it got further down the line it just became harder to speak those words to you guys and I really am sorry."

"So if that guy was taking such good care of you why are you here? We're not going to overlook that we know you a bit too well." I took a deep sigh and explain everything that happened at the Christmas to them. By the time I was finished I saw my mother in tears and my dad full of rage.

"I'm sorry baby as a mother I should have been able to protect you and I couldn't just undertsand everything that little bastard said isn't true and anyman who can easily give up on his own child is no man you want in your life. Now that Malik...he sounds like a keeper."