Chapter 5

Hey guys I'm back. Sorry but senior year was starting to kick my butt so I had to focus on that for a little bit. By the way S/O to DejaznaLittlejohn for adding me to her reading list. Honestly thank you because that means so much to me.

~~~

Malik in mm

Malik POV

Fam...I hate working at this place. It's sad seeing women take lives of innocent babies but I try my hardest not to judge because I don't know the position they're in but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. After starting up the computer at the reception desk, I took a seat and started signing in patients. Sad to say I've seen some of the same women in here and its heartbreaking to watch the depression they're forced to fight. By 11:00 am this pretty little thing walked in with her head held low. She took slow strides to the reception desk and said "Umm I don't know if you guys take walk-ins but if you do is there a form I need to fill out?"

The softness in her tone caught me off guard as I stared at how beautiful she was. Really Malik, she's in here for a reason. You're really about to try and sauce a pregnant woman? I allowed the thought to wash over me as I answered her "Yea we take walk-ins" I handed her a form and continued "But doesn't it make you sad coming in her? No offense but haven't you already grown attach to it? Isn't this going to be hard on you?" She turned her nose up with such speed before answering me. "First that's offensive to me and it isn't your job to ask I'm fairly sure. And don't ever think I woke up this morning and decided to just get an abortion. It's something I need to do." I watched her walk away as I thought that her reasoning was straight bullshit, no woman "needs" to get an abortion but if its what she wants to do then I'm not going to try and stop her.

About 15 minutes later after helping out other patients little miss attitude walked over to turn in her form, " Is this all I need to fill out or is there something else I have to do?" "Nah this is it, I just gotta review the basic information regarding the pregnancy then I can send it in to the doctor while you wait." I watched as she slowly turned around and trudged her way back to her original seat. I looked over her form and something instantly popped out at me. "Um excuse me, can you come over here for a little bit I just want to clarify something to make sure it isn't a mistake." "Um okay" she said as she walked over, "what is it that you need to clarify? Did I fill out something wrong?" "No you didn't but uhh....how far along are you? The form said 3 months but I wanted to make sure it was correct." She crooked her neck to the side as she responded back, "Yeah it's right I'm 3 months along, is that it?"

Damn damn damn see another reason why I don't like this job, because I'm always the one that gotta break bad news like this. "The reason I asked is because this clinic, along with many others, can't abort a child if the woman is 3 months along simply for the fact that it is very dangerous and if anything goes wrong the doctor risks the chance of losing their licsense." "Wait, no, so what are you saying? Please tell me you're joking." The crack in her voice broke my heart a little bit and it made it harder to say what I knew I had to say. "I'm sorry but what I'm saying is that we can't follow through with the abortion and I don't know how many other places will grant you with one either." Shit man, I don't know why but I actually feel kind of bad for her. I looked away as she burst into tears and went to collect her belongings and walked out the door.