Introduction

Hello lovely people!

So here's how it's going to go down on here.

I'll post a contest and give a series of guidelines the you must follow in order for your story to qualify and then give a due date for when your entry must be submitted by. 

Possible qualifications are as followed:

1. Subject of contest- I will state clearly what the topic/genre/purpose of the contest in bold and if there is confusion, I'll gladly answer any questions. In order for your entry to be judged, it must meet the subject of that contest. If it doesn't, it won't be judged.

2. Word Count Limit- The word limit is a way to challenge you, the writers, and also sometimes helps me, the judge. If the word limit is rather large, I won't be too upset if it goes over a bit. It really just keeps the entries to a manageable size. If the word count is small enough that you can easily count the words yourself, then that's when I'll get nitpicky. Also when the word count is part of the subject of the contest (ex. a five word story).

3. Specific Phrase- Some contests will require a certain phrase in order to qualify (ex. Once upon a time...). I will say in bold what that phrase is. Depending on the phrase, I may be lenient on the exact words (ex. Instead of "I was so frightened when" it could be "I was terrified when"). I'll be sure to say whether changes can be made or not.

You can publish your entries in a book for writing contests or you can just make separate books for each entry. Your choice. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.

To submit your entries, just comment the title of your story or copy and paste the URL of your story. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to comment them on the chapter. You question could help someone else out!

Also, please avoid sending  your entries via private message. I may not see your entry in time for judging, so to avoid any missed entries, only submit them in the comments section. 

Please, please, PLEASE DO NOT private message me asking what your chances are for winning/what place you are/if I could help you place higher. I want this to be fair to everyone. I will post the results a day or so (if I can) after the due date so everyone will know at the same time.

AFTER the contest, I am open to giving tips on how you can improve your writing if you ask via private message.

And I want to make sure you guys know that I will judge as fairly as possible. But I will also judge honestly too.

Comment/vote if you're interested in participating!

Do the write thing!! (ha puns)