Chapter 44: The Last Tree Part 1

Почніть із самого початку

I walked over to Ethan, our eyes meeting before he pulled me to him with a kiss. Our friends stayed until Dominic kicked them all out; the night was waning out and dawn was coming.

Ethan and I couldn't sleep though. Once the house was quiet, the reality of the situation settled in. A reality that I found myself struggling to stay positive about.

However Ethan didn't care, he pulled me upstairs and into our bed where soon my only thoughts were of him and the heat we were creating. Eventually, we both fell asleep–that is until the sun started to barely peak out through the darkness.

"Did you sleep?"

"Not really," I yawned out. "You?"

He shook his head then looked down at me with a sigh. "I love you, baby."

"I love you too Ethan," I replied, my eyes slightly watering again.

Ethan's brows furrowed as his thumb wiped away a stray tear. "Don't do that baby, it's going to be ok."

"Ethan, I–"

"We will always find each other baby. We belong together, our souls are tied together–one way or another we will always be with each other. You were always supposed to be mine and I yours."

I sucked in a breath and nodded before I leaned forward and kissed his chest. "Your right."

"About that, I know I am," he replied, his voice gentle before he dipped down to kiss my swollen lips. "We walk, we stop, we turn around, and come back."

I nodded then leaned up to kiss him, my hand cupping his cheek before it reached back to play with his hair. "I love you."

"Come here," he said as he pulled me tighter to him. "Stop saying that like you're saying goodbye. You're not going anywhere, not without me."

"I'm sorry, I just–" I sucked in a breath and nuzzled into his chest. "We walk, we stop, we turn around, and come back."

"That's right baby," Ethan said before he kissed my hair.

We laid in bed a little longer, murmuring to each other how much we loved each other without trying to make it sound like goodbye before we eventually got out of the sanctuary of our covers. We started to dress; I found myself unable to choose anything to wear–what the hell were you supposed to wear when you walked to the moon?"

"Baby, just put on something that doesn't scream, 'I'm going to kill you,'" Ethan said as he pulled on some basketball shorts. "We don't want her to be suspicious, this is supposed to be 'peaceful.'"

"Right," I breathed out. I laughed nervously to myself then pulled on some mildly high-waisted blue jean shorts and a black t-shirt of Ethan's that I tucked in. I slipped on my favorite pair of Ked's then turned to Ethan who was slipping a sweatshirt over his white t-shirt. "Ya?"

Ethan flickered his eyes to me, looking me up and down with a soft smile on his lips. "If you're wearing your jean shorts, then I'm wearing my jorts."

"No, absolutely not," I said, holding his eyes firmly in mine before we both started laughing.

Ethan walked over to me and pulled me to him, kissing me quickly before he rested his forehead on mine. "We walk, we stop, we turn around, and come back."

I nodded then tip-toed up to kiss him again. Taking his hand in mine that pulled me out of our bedroom, a bedroom I didn't dare look back at. I wasn't going to say goodbye, I was coming back–we were coming back.

Evan was waiting with Lyanna for us at the bottom of the hill that led to our house. "Morning," Evan sighed out, his eyes trying to hold back any worry as Lyanna quickly hugged me.