7♛

C H A P T E R - 7

      S E R E N A - P O V

       I was in a room all by myself. It was quiet, and I was on a bed completely naked. I wanted to scream, cry out—anything. But, I couldn’t. It felt like no noise was going to come out of no matter how hard I tried.

        I heard muffled voices downstairs. I didn’t recognize this place at all. I knew for sure it couldn’t have been Dante’s or anyone who he knew—this place was far too nice. It wasn’t a traphouse, it was more of a suburban townhouse. The only thing in the room was the bad I was laying on, a dresser, and and nightstand with water. It was completely dark outside, and a clock read 12:09 A.M. The water Dante gave me must have made me black out, and I was hoping that nothing too bad happened while I was out of it. But, I could tell there was.

       I refused to say a word. All I wanted to do was think of ways to escape—like jumping of the one window or something. I didn’t know how high I was. Where was Egypt? At this this time, I needed her most and she was nowhere to be found. I sighed deeply, and just laid on the bed, naked. I was cold, afraid, and alone. I prayed to God and asked him if he could keep me as safe as he could. I was too young to die. . . it was too early.

       I heard a door knob turn, and here Dante was, facing me. He had a smirk plastered on his face, and began to chuckle. I looked at him confused. “Where am I? What are you doing?” I questioned. I tried to get up, but both of my arms were bound to the bed. I wanted to scream, but I didn’t know what Dante was going to do next.

        “Serena, I really thought you was a loyal, down ass chick. Now you a full-blown snake.” Dante puts his hand on my thigh, and rubs it. I feel like I’mma throw up all over the place.

        “Dante. . . you was makin’ me do stuff that degrades me as a woman. That ain’t no relationship, that’s why I left yo’ ass,” I replied snidely. “If you gon’ kill me for tryna get out of that type of relationship, then so be it.”

       “I should kill yo’ ass right now,” Dante mumbles. “But you lucky.”

       Before I knew it, there was like 3 men at the door, staring at me naked. I would’ve shielded myself, but there was no way I could’ve. “How much for her?” one of them asks, looking me up and down. Is Dante selling me? The question burned in my head. This couldn’t be happening again. I worked to get out of this situation, and it seemed like I was gonna get pulled right back in it.

       “Thirty-grand right now.” I swallowed hard.

        “I’ll take her.” one of the guys threw a towel at me, and unbinded my hands from the headboard. I felt like I wanted to run around, but I had to think rationally. If I tried to run, I was put in a bigger risk to die. I wrapped the towel around myself, feeling a little comfortable, but not safe. I had no idea who these men were, and what they were gonna do to me. “C’mon, girl!” The dude grabbed me by my arm.

        He lead me downstairs. The house still didn’t look familiar, no matter how many pieces I was trying to put together. He opened the door, and threw me in his car. I felt like I just broke a bone. When I tried to look at the window, they were tinted. I prayed once more that God would keep me in good hands, or at least keep from me from dying.

       “You gonna make me some good money,” this dude chuckles. I had no idea where was going, but now I had a clear idea that I was going to be prostituted again. I wished Egypt was here, right beside me, helping me out. She’s probably worried about me, or she thinks I’m doing just fine. Right now, I don’t know.