"Thank you," Alianna smiled but it fell from her face when she remembered why they were fleeing.

~

Instead of taking the usual elevator, Jax used the service elevator, not once letting go of her hand. She looked up at him, he was here with her physically but his mind was in another place.

"Pack your bags and get some rest, we leave at sunrise tomorrow," Jax ordered. Alianna looked up at him sadly, it was her fault he was acting like this. "Naveen, grab Josh from the security room, he's to guard Alianna until you come back."

Alianna watched Naveen as he left. Jax sighed and pulled her into his arms. "It's not your fault," he said to her. "I was planning to move to Miami in a couple of weeks anyways. I think you'll enjoy it there."

She leaned into Jax's touch as he cupped her cheek. Jax kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry tonight did not according to plan at all," he murmured.

Alianna smiled, "I still enjoyed the time I had with you." She tilted her head and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek, smirking slightly as her lipstick left a faint tint on his cheek. Jax chuckled and kissed her forehead once more.

"Go get some rest," he murmured, releasing her. Alianna nodded and Jax watched as she walked slowly to her room. Josh tilted his head respectfully to his boss as he took up his post outside Alianna's door. He placed his hands behind his back, he was afraid of Alianna after hearing about her demonstration at the warehouse and he could not wait until Naveen returned.

~

A loud scream startled Jax out of his slumber. His hands immediately closed around his gun as he carefully walked to the door. Another scream followed by a shout from Naveen propelled him out of the room. Naveen looked at his boss, panicked and unsure, as he held the door open to Alianna's room. 

Jax nodded as he walked in. He inhaled sharply as Alianna convulsed and clawed her sheets as she screamed again, tears streaming down her cheeks. He was by her side in an instant, placing his gun next to hers.

"Alianna, wake up, it's just a dream," he shook her shoulder, hoping to wake her up. "C'mon baby, it's just a dream. It's just a dream." He picked her up and pulled her trembling form into his lap. He rocked her back and forth, hoping to wake her up from her nightmare. He winced slightly as her nails dug into his chest but did not stop her.

"It's okay Alianna, you're safe, you're here with me, you're safe," he murmured over, pressing kisses to her hair and tightening his hold on her. He glanced up briefly, glad that Naveen possessed the forethought to close the door. Alianna's cries soon softened into whimpers. Jax held her tighter as he felt her open her eyes. Her eyelashes were dark and wet with tears, her eyes glassy and bloodshot.

"Hey," he brushed the hair out of her face gently. Alianna whimpered and buried her face into his neck. "You're safe darling," he murmured, running his hand through her hair softly.

Alianna looked up, trying to see Jax's face through her tears. Flashes of old pain and memories burned her skin and echoed in her mind. Jax held her close, murmuring words of comfort to her. She inhaled deeply, she could smell the soap on Jax's skin, she could feel the heat of his firm skin beneath hers, she could hear his breathing. He was overwhelming her senses but she welcomed it, a reminder that she was here with him. She closed her eyes and leaned into him.

Jax breathed a sigh of relief as Alianna's breathing evened out. He placed her on the bed, not wanting to disturb her sleep but as he turned to leave; Alianna's hand shot out and grabbed Jax's, pulling his frame back. Jax looked at her, shocked that she had so much strength in her one of her weakest moments.

"Stay," she looked up at him pleadingly, "please."

Jax's heart broke and he nodded. He waited until Alianna scooted over before slipping under the covers. Alianna's arms and legs wound around him like a vice before she buried her face in the crook of his neck. Jax snaked one arm around her waist and the other across her back, securing her in a protective embrace. He waited until her breathing even and shallowed out. He sighed contentedly as he closed his eyes, drifting off into a light sleep.