Chapter One

~Arabella~
"Adrian, can you please come calm your daughter down?!" I yell, chasing the little girl around the room.
"If I recall, she's your daughter, too." Adrian teases as he walks through the door. I roll my eyes, trying to keep the grin off my face.
"Oh, come on, you know she's a daddy's girl. Please," I plead, "try to calm her down, it's time for her nap." I run my hand through my hair, sighing. Adrian smiles, walking towards me. He puts his hands on my shoulders, pulling my towards him.
"Ok, you take a break, I'll get Sadie." He pulls away and walks to the three-year-old girl running in circles. I smile and walk to the door. "Ok, Sadie, be a good girl for daddy and lay down for your nap." Is the last thing I hear before the door closes.
I sigh, walking to the nursery. I open the door and smile as a little body barrels into me. I bend down and pick Tucker, my one-year-old son, up.
"Hey, Tuck, how's my baby boy?" He babbles happily in reply, tugging lightly on my hair. Laughing quietly, I look at Ariel. "He wasn't too much trouble, was he?" She smiles, waving her hand.
"Oh no, he was an angel." I smile, relieved.
"Good, I'm glad he wasn't trouble. So how's the husband doing?" I smile at her as she blushes.
"Ben is doing great, his arm is healing well, thankfully. He can be such a klutz, sometimes." I laugh, nodding in agreement. Ariel met her husband in the kitchens while she was getting lunch ready for all of us. They started going out and one thing led to another and they are now happily married. He fell trying to get some sugar from the top shelf and broke his arm.
"Well that's good, once he gets back to work, make sure to remind him to use a ladder to get something he can't reach." Ariel laughs and nods her head.
"I will, I'll tell him you say hi." I nod, smiling as she makes her way to the door.
"Have a good day, Ariel, thanks so much for watching Tucker."
"It was no problem, I love that kid, see you later, Ara!" She says as she closes the door. I look back to Tucker, who is happily playing with my hair and walk over to his crib.
"Are you ready for your nap, little man?" I coo as I place him on his blankets. I start singing quietly as he watches me from his place in his crib. After a few minutes, his eyes start to flutter and his breathing evens out. Soon after, he is completely asleep and I smile down at him, placing a kiss on his forehead.
Arms wrap around me from behind when I straighten out.
"You should really sing more often." I smile, relaxing into Adrian's arms.
"Sure. We both know I'd never be able to sing in front of a crowd." Adrian chuckles quietly, tightening his arms around me.
We sit in silence for a few minutes, lovingly watching our son sleep.
"We've done good with these kids," I say, quietly. Adrian hums in agreement.
"It's been a good five years, hasn't it?" I smile.
"Better than good, it's been amazing. I still can't get over the fact that I got to marry the love of my life," I say, turning to smile at Adrian. He smiles lovingly down at me and leans down, kissing me sweetly before pulling away.
"Both the kids are asleep, you want to take a nap while we still can?" He asks, looking down at me, tiredly. I laugh quietly and nod, taking his hand. I drag him out of the nursery and down the hall to our room. Both the kids being asleep is a rare thing and we like to take advantage of the time we have while we have it.
One kid was draining enough, but two has taken the rest of our energy. I love them both to death, but sometimes, I just wish I could have some alone time with Adrian. He was so ecstatic when he found out I was pregnant that he didn't think of how much work it was going to be to take care of a kid. I smile, thinking back to when I first found out I was pregnant.
~Flashback~
"Your Highness, the doctor is calling for you." I immediately shoot out of my seat and run to the infirmary. Adrian is in his office, working, without any idea of what's going on. I take a deep breath when I reach the infirmary doors and push them open, getting the attention of the Doctor. He bows his head.
"Your Highness, I got the results back." I nod my head for him to go on. "Congratulations, Your Highness, you are going to be a mother." The breath flies out of me and my eyes widen. I'm going to be a mother. A smile takes over my face when the news sinks in and happiness overwhelms me. Adrian and I haven't even talked about children yet, we had wanted to spend all the time we could with each other for the first couple years. I look at the doctor, smiling nervously.
"Thank you, Doctor, thank you so much! I'm going to be a mother," I mumble the last part as I smile kindly at the doctor and rush out of the room. How am I going to tell Adrian? He's going to be so happy. I smile as I look for Hadley, my mother-in-law, she'd know what to do. She's with Adrian, I think to myself, great, just my luck. I walk up the stairs to Adrian's office. I open the door and peak my head in. I smile when I see Adrian and Hadley talking, looking at documents.