Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19:

Trevor and I entered Taco Bell ten minutes later. I walked up to the register and ordered. "One chicken quesada and a large Baja Blast please." I told the worker. I was pretty sure he was in my 4th period. "No problem. That'll be $4.90." I handed him the money and waited for Trevor as he ordered. When we both had our food I turned and looked for the others. I found them in the back of the restaurant. I slid in next to Zander as Trevor looked around the table. There were two empty seats left. One between Kya and Jenna and the other between me and Lilli. He chose the seat beside Lilli.

"Hey Babe." I said as I leaned into Zander. "Hi." he said, his voice tight. "What's wrong?" I asked him. He seemed on edge.  "Nothing Ava." he told me, his tone slightly annoyed. "Oookay" I said and leaned back into my seat. "Do you know what's bugging Zander?" I whispered to Lilli. She leaned over to me and whispered in my ear "He's been like that since I told him you were still at school with Trevor. I don't know what he thinks you were doing." she told me with a small laugh. "What the...?" I murmured to myself. I turned toward Zander again. "What do you think I was doing with Trevor?" I asked him my tone hard. "I don't know. What were you doing?" he replied, his tone even harsher than mine had been. I turned back to my seat.

I stared down at my food, still untouched. A second later, I grabbed it, launched out of my seat, and walked to the front of the restaurant. Before stepping out into the cold I grabbed my keys. Then I left the restaurant and climbed into my truck. Before starting my car, I looked at the Taco Bell. Kya and Jenna were walking toward my truck. I rolled down my window when they came near.

"What happened?" Kya asked. "Zander's being an ass and I'm not going to just sit there and be okay with it." I told them. "Lilli had a feeling it was something he said." Jenna told me. "Yea, she stayed in there to weasel whatever is bothering him out." Kya said. "I just can't believe he doesn't trust me." I confided. I could feel tears coming. I hate crying in front of people. "I'm gonna go y'all. I'll talk to you tomorrow." I quickly said. I rolled up my window and pulled out of the parking space. I looked in the rearview mirror to find Zander running out of the Taco Bell and heading for my truck. I left before he got close.

  -- Don't forget to leave a like <3 --