::3::

Disbelief.

When you see something that your mind doesn't want to believe. Even if it's right in front of you staring at you. Sometimes our minds can't comprehend it anyway.

As the sun got lower in the sky and it got later in the day, I just wanted to go home. Yet at the same time I didn't. I knew Don was going to be there and I didn't want to deal with him. My day had been bad enough and I didn't want to hear about anymore alien theories. I stopped to get something to eat as I stalled then decided to go for a drive. The longer I was out the the better.

After almost an hour I decided to drive out to the desert. I don't know why. The freeway was pretty empty and I was grateful for it. Less stress.

While I was driving some kid on a blue motorcycle zoomed passed me. I furrowed my brow as he weaved in and out of the cars. Some teen hot shot who was showing off. I recognized him as one of the students at the school. Jack I think. He looked behind my car as he drove faster. He looked scared.

Looking in my rear view mirror I saw the two purple cars from earlier. They drove side by side and seemed to be chasing the young man. I frowned as they sped up and I tightened my grip on the wheel. This didn't look good.

The two cars sped up, and I watched as a yellow muscle car came up behind them. They passed me and I furrowed my brow as I stared at them. The yellow one sped up and rammed into one of the purple ones. Causing both to crash. I slammed on my breaks out of instinct, then watched. The yellow car spun and drove backwards for a little before whipping around and driving straight again. My eyes widened as I watched the scene before me.

This was like in the movies, and I didn't want to miss it. Though, I also didn't want to get smashed, so I followed at a distance. Why I was so interested in what was happening? I didn't know, yet I followed as they drove down the road.

The two purple cars tried to get passed the yellow one, but he wouldn't let them as they weaved in and out of other cars. My eyes widened as one purple car drove into the yellow ones side and made it spin out. I cringed as I heard the metal grinding. My own car swerved as I attempted to avoid it and I screamed when I lost control. This was a lot of excitement for me.

I screamed again as my car spun then stopped as it hit the guard rail. The yellow car was across the road and sped off suddenly. It drove down the road as if nothing had happened. I panted heavily and looked around as my heart beat faster. My eyes widened as I remembered the boy on the bike. He was probably in danger. Thankfully there wasn't too much damage done to my car. I quickly drove after the yellow one and slammed on the gas to catch up.

The yellow car drove off onto an off ramp and I missed it. I furrowed my brow as I drove. Why was I following these crazy people, other than to find the kid. I glanced to my side and my eyes widened again. In the storm drain were three giant robots fighting.

Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and hit an over pass pillar. This time the air bags went off and I just sat there. Giant alien robots in Jasper. No, I was dreaming. Right? I shook my head and got out of my poor car.

I ran behind the pillar and watched as I pulled my phone out. I took a few pictures and gasped as I saw two kids watching. I quickly called 911 to come help. This wasn't happening.

"911 what's your emergency?" The man asked.

"I'm not sure... all I know is there are kids involved and-" I stopped as I saw the yellow car fly through the air and turn into a robot.

No transform is a better word.

I just watched these titans fight each other and ignored the man on the phone. How would I explain this to anyone? The children didn't seem fazed and even spoke to the yellow one, who made weird noises. Why weren't they running? I subconsciously hung up the phone and hesitantly took pictures as the kids disappeared. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This wasn't real.

A green car jumped down and landed as a robot. It shook the ground and I fell to my knees. My eyes were about as big as the moon, if that was possible. How many of these things were there?

I stared for a while as the two purple cars transformed and drove away. I quickly took pictures then took some of the other three. They thanked the green one then transformed and disappeared. I knelt there in complete and total shock. Maybe Don wasn't crazy. Unless I hit my head and I'm the crazy one.

A few minutes later the sound of sirens snapped me out of my thoughts. I had completely forgotten I called the police. I looked at my smoking car and knew I had totaled it. That didn't seem to faze me and I stared at the spot the fight had been. What were those things? Where did the kids go? Were they safe?

Someone touched my arm and I screamed as I slapped the young man. He blinked a couple times and stared at me for a moment. I blushed deeply as I stared at the young paramedic. He apologized for scaring me but I wasn't really listening to him. I looked at my car as if I was expecting it to transform any minute.

They took me to the ambulance and I stared at it for a moment. How many cars out there were actually robots? Surely they wouldn't pose as a medical vehicle, a police car, or a fire truck. The robots wouldn't be emergency vehicles. Would they? What would they gain from it?

Then again if they were hostile aliens, they would pose as emergency vehicles and then destroy our trust. Clever little alien robots.

I looked to the sky as they helped me sit down and looked at my cuts. Could the alien robots fly? Did they turn into aircrafts? I shook my head and gripped it tightly. I feel like a crazy person.