::4::

Dazed...

The rest of the day was a blur and I can't remember anything. They asked me questions and tried to help, but I was so dazed. Eventually I got back to the house and walked in as I stared blankly. Ellie asked if I was alright, but I just went to my room and flopped on the bed. Thankfully tomorrow was Saturday. What on earth had happened? Was I so crazy I just imagine random things?

"No..." I mumbled and looked at my phone. I looked through the pictures and bit my lip.

They were terrifying.

I tossed my phone and tried to sleep. Maybe I could figure this out tomorrow.

~

In the morning I just laid there staring at the ceiling. I hadn't been able to sleep at all. Nightmares plaqued my mind, giant alien robots attacking the city and destroying everything. Someone knocked on the door and I screamed in surprise.

"Winter? Are you alright?" Ellie asked. "It's already ten and you aren't up yet... cause you normally are." She muttered.

"I... I think I'm okay.... it's just... yesterday there was..." I stopped suddenly and stared at my phone. After a small hesitation I got up and grabbed it. A few minutes passed before I looked through the pictures I took. Ellie sat by me and stared at them.

"It looks like Don sent you pictures of those things." She said and raised an eyebrow. I paled as I looked at them. It wasn't a dream.

"Do you think Don could come over and explain this to me?" I asked quietly as I stared at the pictures.

"Um... sure." She said as she got up and walked away. I didn't respond as I looked at the pictures and studied them.

The small blue one seemed to be a woman for their species. If that's what you called them. The yellow one was small as well and I wasn't sure if the two small ones were, children. What surprised me the most, was how did the big one hide? It was huge and would surely crush anything in its path.

I shook my head and rubbed my face tiredly. How were these alien things staying hidden? Were they cars all the time? I groaned and flopped on the bed.

An hour later I finally decided to get up and walked into the living room in a daze. Don was typing on the computer as he looked up conspiracy theories about Bigfoot. I sighed forcefully and drug my hand across my face. I didn't want to get into his world of insanity. But if he was the only one that could help me figure this all out, I'd have to. Especially if we had to stop these aliens from killing us. Or the world.

"Hey.... Don." I said as I sat by him. "You remember those... alien robots you talked about? The ones that you think live in the desert?" I asked as I fiddled with my phone. He stopped suddenly and looked at me skeptically.

"Oh... you mean the one under the rock, and looks like Bigfoot?" He asked coldly and went back to typing. I sighed forcefully and pulled up a picture.

"They're real." I mumbled as I showed him the phone. He looked at it then his eyes widened in surprise. He grabbed my phone and flipped through the pictures.

"Ah ha! I knew it!" He yelled as he held my phone up. "I knew they were real!" He shouted and I face palmed.

"Okay great. You proved me wrong." I mumbled and snatched my phone back. "So now what?" I asked as I looked at the picture.

"Now we go out to the desert and find them!" He yelled as he threw his things into his back pack. "Ellie I'll be back later!" He yelled as he ran outside with his things. I sighed quietly in exasperation and flopped against the couch. Great what did I get myself into?

~

I sighed in exasperation and leaned against the car as I folded my arms. I couldn't believe I was out in the desert looking for giant alien robots. Don was typing like crazy and talking just as fast. I rolled my eyes again as he looked at a cliff side. I was all for this, but I was starting to feel ridiculous.

"Maybe they're in Jasper. Like they hide in a used car lot!" Don yelled. "Or an abandoned warehouse! Oh a junkyard!" He shouted and looked around. I sighed forcefully and turned over a rock with my shoe.

"Nope. Not under a rock." I muttered and looked around.

"Do you think they kidnap children or abduct people then eat them for their life force?" He asked excitedly. "Or they crush us into powder and-" He stopped suddenly as he saw the look on my face. What the heck was wrong with this guy?

"This was a mistake Don, we've been out here for three hours. We should just get more information then look for them." I said seriously. He sighed forcefully and rubbed his face tiredly.

"Ugh fine." He muttered and we headed back to town. I was glad we left and I didn't plan on looking for them again.

The following Monday I couldn't stop thinking about the robots and those kids that were there. When I got inside I stopped suddenly and just stared at the boy with glasses. He looked at me and blinked a couple times before smiling and waving then running off to class. I just stood there as the world around me moved. He was alive? How?

I jumped as the bell rang and realized I was the only one in the hall. Once in my office I just stared at my desk blankly. An hour passed and I looked at my phone again. I narrowed my eyes and started typing. I pulled up everything I could on these aliens and filtered through it.

"Miss Jenkins?" I jumped and looked at the Principal as he opened the door. I quickly exited the search and pretended to be doing something else.

"Yes sir?" I asked as I watched him quietly. He walked over and sat down then gave me a serious look.

"First I apologize about the other day. Secondly have you had any success in saving your job?" He asked. I just stared at him and forced a smile.

"Yes I have." I said and he watched me for a few minutes. He nodded once and got back up.

"Remember you only have a few months." He said seriously and walked out. I sighed forcefully and drug my hand across my face. I forgot about the robots and went to work.

After school I was cleaning up and listening to the kids outside. I stared blankly at my desk then realized the school was silent. I furrowed my brow and looked at the clock. I hadn't realized I'd zoned out that long. After a few more minutes I grabbed my backpack and glanced out the window. I froze as I saw the two boys talking to each other.

A yellow sports car drove up by them and my eyes widened. I quickly pulled out my phone and looked at a picture then took one of the car. The small boy talked to the other than got in the car. What was he doing?

I quickly put on my backpack and ran out of the office. I practically jumped the stairs and stumbled as I ran to the entrance. I couldn't let those kids get taken by these aliens. They may have only been lucky last time. I ran faster and burst out of the doors as I panted heavily. They were already gone.

I looked around frantically for any sign of them then ran to the corner. Why would they get into a strange car? I ran my hands through my hair and sighed in exasperation. Maybe I'm over reacting and they're just fine. I shook my head and walked towards my home.

Perhaps if I leave the aliens alone, they won't bother me.