The thought of an abundance of employees should have been comforting. Employees should be like Lori or Kelsey and should only provide as extra help. But in my time here so far I had learned that they shoved, pushed, and treated you with hostility. Some were decent, but a lot of them were quite the opposite. Especially if one of those employees was James.

Just the name that used to be that of a friend gave me chills. He hadn't made a single move yet; but he had been watching. Whenever I entered the cafeteria and sat with Harry he watched. If he ever happened to be across the hall or passing me and my personal guard who's name I did not know, he watched; lurking like a snake with the slightest of smirks on his face. Staring. Thinking. About what, I didn't know, and I didn't think I wanted to. But I knew he was up to something, and I was terrified as to what that might be. Harry was terrified too, but his fear was released in the form of anger. I had been able to keep him from tearing James' head off but that still didn't do anything to ease his fury. If James so much as spoke a word to either of us I knew that Harry would explode. And I dreaded that day, because I knew that I wouldn't be able to stop Harry, and I knew that the consequences would be even greater than a whipping. But it didn't seem as if that day would come anytime soon.

I thought this while waiting for my guard to take me to Kelsey's office. He hopefully would get here soon, because the thought of James and his plans was starting to make me sick. To get my mind off of the psychopath, I could do nothing but stare at the ceiling while I lied in bed, hair sprawled out around my head in tangled waves. Boredom struck for about the tenth time this week as I began to hum to fill the time. It was a melody from memory and I couldn't pinpoint the exact song, but I liked the tune. If I were to walk by this cell as an employee I would think that I belonged here, too; a girl humming and staring at the ceiling somehow seemed to fit the description of crazy.

But I stopped abruptly when the burly man that accompanied me to most places approached, using a key to unlock the door. It was funny how they spent all of this money to make them automatic - a luxury hardly any building had - only to see their flaw and use keys anyway after the power-out.

Once I walked toward him he roughly pulled me out by my arm, dragging me down the hall. Then through another hall, eventually reaching Kelsey's office for my "therapy session." It was my first time seeing her since being admitted into Wickendale apart from passing by her in the hallway once. She didn't say anything but instead looked at me with one of the most bewildered looks I had ever seen upon a person's face.

I opened the wooden door and closed it shut it behind me, leaving the intimidating guard out in the hallway.

"Rose!" Kelsey demanded before I could even turn around. "What the fuck happened to you?" Well, it was obvious that we wouldn't be talking psychology or revealing my deepest thoughts.

She was standing while I took a seat before her desk, her hair pulled back to reveal her tanned face. I sighed before once again relived the tale, telling her of Ms. Hellman's wrongdoing and the reason behind it.

"Holy shit," she said when I was finished. "This is crazy, Rose! You don't belong here! I mean I at least tolerated Ms. Hellman before, but this time she crossed the line." Kelsey's energy was still there but her usual smile had faded, and she was as serious as Kelsey could be.

"I know," I agreed. I had been well-aware of that fact for seven days now. "Is there any way we can prove that I don't belong? Like go to court or something? She can't get away with this."

Kelsey sighed, shaking her head as she sat down. For a while she didn't speak, taking it all in and collecting her thoughts. When she finally answered her voice was calmer. "I have no idea. I mean her side of the story is pretty convincing, not to burst your bubble or anything."