↠ leta [3]

↝ newt scamander

i did not write this, so I do not take any credits.

word count: 1683

written by→ beastsandfantasticthings on Tumblr
they're here on wattpad as→ [?]

Newt watched as you stormed out the door, and hoped to god that it wasn't for good. He was trying not to let his anxious imagination get the best of him. But of course, a couple of toxic thoughts got the best of him.

You hated him, he thought.

He had lost you. You never wanted to see his face again.

He had hurt you.

He failed to shake the taunting voices from his head.

So he trudged back up the stairs, and opened up the door to his flat. It was incredible how empty it felt without you there, it was almost as if when you left, you carried a piece of home with you.

It left him with a dreadful feeling.

He stepped in and found Leta in the kitchen, pouring two very inviting glasses of wine.

"Leta, no I-" but she talked over him, obviously not listening.

"Well that was a bit childish of her...running out like that in the middle of such a wonderful dinner" she said, while bringing the two (very generously) filled glasses to where he was standing.

"Why don't you come sit down and relax. Just because she's gone, doesn't mean our evening suddenly has to end" she pushed the glass toward him, but he put up his hand lazily, refusing the drink.

"I-I think I'm done for the night, Leta. I just want to be alone." He decided he would go tend to his creatures for a bit to take his mind off of you. He tried to move around her to get to his bedroom, but she stepped in his path.

"But we're having such a lovely evening, and I've already poured the wine! You don't want it to go to waste, do you?" He met her eyes for a brief moment, and frowned deeply.

"My love life is hanging in the balance, the most important person to me in the world is furious with me, and I'm about to spend my anniversary alone. This evening is far from lovely" Leta recoiled at his icy tone, and retracted her arm.

She set the glasses down on the table, then turned to Newt and crossed her arms.

"She wasn't right for you, Newt. She's obviously threatened by me without any good reason, she has the self esteem of a bug. You need someone who can hold her own, someone who can take care of you." Leta pressed her hand to his chest, and looked up into his brilliant blue eyes. "You need someone like me."

Newt knit his eyebrows, incredibly offended at what she was saying about you.

"I love her, why would you say that?" he pushed her hand off, growing more frustrated by the moment.

"You don't love her, Newt. You know there's been something holding you back. You're not taking this slow because you love her, I think it's the exact opposite. Something is blocking you two, and you know that something is me" Leta bit, face inching closer and closer to his.

"That's why you haven't married her yet, Newt. There's still a thought nagging you, and asking you, 'What if?' What if you and I had fallen in love, would there be more passion, more heat? Would you have been happier than you are now with (Y/N)?"

Leta, in a swift and easy motion, pulled Newt close to her by the neck, and into a frenzied kiss.

He stood shocked, not realizing what was going on until it was already too late. Completely disgusted, he shoved her off of him.
That was it.