Chapter 13.

When I wake up, it's because Curtis has shaken me awake. I sit up in bed and look at him through half closed eyes.
"School has been canceled for awhile. Something happened and the police are investigating." Curtis said. When I heard that, I got worried as to what happened. Curtis then told me to get ready for breakfast.

I get dressed into all black and white. Black and white shirt, black pants, and black and white converse. I head into the dinning room for breakfast. It's chocolate chip waffles and hash browns. Once I finish my breakfast I decide to get a drink. I see blueberry soda. I was about to grab a can when I heard the T.V. The news was on.

I sneak into the living room and sit behind the couch, then I start listening.
"The principle of Holy Oak Middle High School was found murdered in her office. She was found with...." As I hear what happened to her, I gasped, which got Curtis' attention.

"Erik!" Curtis said. I thought he would be mad at me, but instead he led me out of the living room and to my room. He then hugged me and said "I'm sorry you heard that" I pushed him away and snapped "Why didn't you tell me Mrs. Monroe was murdered?!"
"Calm down" Curtis said gently,
"I will not fucking calm down! You didn't tell me Mrs. Monroe was murdered!" I snapped. Curtis grabbed my arm and dragged me to my bed. He sat down and pulled me over his knee. Oh no.

Curtis started to spank me but I was bawling at the first swat.  Curtis landed 5 hard swats before starting to scold me.
"You will *SMACK* not swear *SMACK*, and you will *SMACK* not *SMACK* snap *SMACK* at *SMACK* me. Do you understand?"
Curtis said. I couldn't respond. I just bawled and tried to wipe away at all the tears that were streaming down my face. I figured I get more swats for not answering but instead Curtis pulled me up onto his lap and held me close. He used one hand to make my head rest on his shoulder and the other to rub soothing circles on my back.

"Shh, it's okay, it's okay, shh" Curtis said as he tried to calm me down. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Mrs. Monroe, I didn't think you'd be able to handle it. I'm sorry, I really am, but you shouldn't have snapped at me and swore, I was just trying to protect you from something that I thought would break you" I cling to Curtis and bury my face in his shoulder. Curtis sets me on my bed and leaves the room. He probably gave up on trying to calm me down.

I clutch my pillow and bury my face in it as I cry. After a few minutes I hear Curtis come back in my room. He gently shakes my shoulder. I look at him and see he is holding a root beer float with whipped cream. He hands it to me and says "Here, hopefully this will make you feel better" I smile lightly and take the root beer float and quickly down it.

After I drink the root beer I feel much better. Before I can thank Curtis, someone knocked on the door. Curtis heads for the door and I follow. Curtis opens the door and at the door, are the police. The police quickly come inside without permission. The first police officer, a girl with a star tattoo under her eye, looks at Curtis and says "Your son is in danger"