Chapter 5. Memories.

When I wake up it's because I'm hungry. I know a lot of parents don't let their kids get a snack at night and I don't know if Curtis is the same. I decide not to get a snack. I'm used to the hungry feeling, it doesn't bother me anymore. I guess Curtis must be in the living room with me 'cause I hear him get up and walk into the kitchen when my stomach growls. He soon comes back with something and shakes me gently. I open my eyes and see there is a plate of chicken fingers and French fries from the other day, there was still some left over. Curtis hands me the plate and says "Here you go" with a light smile. I return the smile and thank him as I start to eat. The chicken is warm and the fries are hot. I finish the fries first so I can eat the chicken last, I always save the best for last.

Once I finish I get up to put my plate in the sink but as soon as I stand I make a pained noise, collapse, and accidentally shatter the plate. Curtis rushes over to me and I immediately start to pick up the plate shards while saying "I'm really sorry, I didn't me-Ow!" I drop the shards as one cuts my hand. Curtis picks me up and sets me back on the couch and says sternly "Did you forget you have a sprained ankle? Don't get off this couch unless you want a sore bottom" I feel tears running down my cheeks and I say "I'm sorry, dad" Curtis' expression softens and so does his voice as he says "It's okay, just please don't get off the couch. You could delay the healing process or make your ankle worse" just then his eyes go wide and he sprints out of the room. I don't know why until I look down and see that my hand has created a small puddle of blood on the floor.

Curtis soon comes back with some stuff. There's this bucket of water and he puts my hand in the bucket which stops the bleeding for a bit which is enough time for Curtis to disinfect my cut and bandage it. Once the cut is clean and bandaged, Curtis puts everything away and then cleans up the shattered remains of the plate. He then comes back in the living room and tucks me back in, saying "You should sleep now"
"But I'm not tired. And if I sleep right after I eat then I get nightmares" I say. Curtis then says "Okay" and walks off somewhere. He then comes back and hands me a 3DS that already has a game in it, he also hands me the case to the game, it's Spirit Camera.
"You remember Autumn Smith?" Curtis asks me,
"The bitchy whore with green and purple hair?" I ask,
"Yep. This was hers. But I confiscated it and she's never getting it back because of something she did. And now it's yours. Make sure you play it in front of her to make her mad" Curtis says. I smile and thank Curtis before asking "What did she do?" "
"She went through my computer to change her grade to an A+ when she had an F-." Curtis says. I remember one time I went through Mr. Flores, my biology teacher, computer and changed my D to a C. No one knows I did it.

I turn on the 3DS and start to play the game but then I learn I have to move around in order to play it so I can't play. I sigh and turn the 3DS off but then Curtis hands me another game case, Animal Crossing Wild World. I put Spirit Camera in its case and then put Animals Crossing in the 3DS. I see that the only profile is Autumn's profile so I delete it. She gave herself blue hair and she dressed herself in this fancy looking dress. Autumn never dresses fancy, she dresses like a shank and always wears the same lilac tube top and black miniskirt with black stripper heels. Also her hair looks like a wig because she dyes it so often. It really looks like fake hair. I remember she dyed her natural black hair to neon yellow and ever since then she constantly dyes her hair.but for some reason she keeps her hair dyed green and purple. She thinks she's all that when really she is some pampered little bitchy whore whose parents never bother to punish her and buys her whatever she wants just to shut her up. I remember one time I saw Autumn's mom and I told her that her daughter has been screwing boys in the bathroom and the locker room and she sighed and said "I know, Autumn is a great disappointment. Whenever we threaten to punish her she always says she'll call DCF and tell them were abusing her.  Marshal and I are just waiting until she turns 18 then we're gonna kick her out. She can continue to sell herself on the corner for all we care" when I walked away I smiled because I learned that Autumn's parents hate her and think she is a disappointment.  My parents loved me. I feel like I'm gonna cry now. I miss my parents. I remember how they died. They were taking me to the mall cause I got all A's on my report card and they were gonna give me a two hundred dollar limit. As soon as we parked the car and got out, this man with a gun came up and shot my father through the eye. He collapsed like a rag doll. The man was about to shoot me but my mom covered me and said "Please! Don't shoot my baby! Shoot me! Please, just don't hurt my baby!" The man laughed and said "Good parents you got, too bad your gonna lose them" he then shot my mom in the chest and ran off. She collapsed and struggled to cling to life, he missed her heart but the shot was still fatal. I held her hand while he died. Her last words to me were "I love, please don't ever forget that. Mommy will always love you"