Chapter 11. Bad news.

When I wake up, Curtis is no longer in bed. I whimper and rush off to find him. I'm feeling really bad and I need comfort. I find Curtis downstairs in the kitchen. He's cooking something in a big skillet. Curtis heard me run into the room and he says "Oh, good. Your awake. Lunch is ready"

Curtis sets a plate of steak tips and onions in some sauce at the table and says "Eat before it gets cold" I sit at the table but only look at the food. I don't wanna eat. I don't deserve to. I'm a bad kid, I lied to Curtis. He has never lied to me, he has never hurt me, he ADOPTED ME! I feel so bad that I just can't eat.

"Are you feeling okay?" Curtis asks me. I just sniffle and say "I don't deserve to eat"
"Of course you do! What on earth would make you say that?" Curtis says.
"I'm a bad kid. You are always there for me and always help me, your always kind to me. And I lied to you. I'm sorry" I say and cry. Curtis hugs me tightly and says "You are NOT a bad kid. Just because you do bad things doesn't make you a bad kid. And I can understand why you lied. You were scared. You did something bad and was scared of the consequences. All kids do that. However, a lot of kids never own up to their lies. You did. You told the truth, most kids don't tell the truth, but you did. If you were a bad kid then you wouldn't have told the truth. But you did so that proves you're not a bad kid. It actually proves you're a good kid because you told the truth. Now please eat" Curtis said. I just smile and nod. I feel better and actually happy cause of what Curtis said. He.., he called me a good kid. The only person to call me a good kid was my mom. I pick up my fork and eat the steak that was already cut. I don't know what sauce it was cooked in but it's delicious. I soon finish my steak and then eat the onions.

Once I finish lunch Curtis says "I have bad news" I get kinda scared and I say "What is it?"
"Gabriel called. The blood work came back and it shows you have a vitamin b12 deficiency, all that means is that you have to eat more beef, dairy, eggs, and fish"
"But I don't like fish except for tuna" I say.
"Well I'll buy more tuna, but you still need to eat the others" Curtis says. I just nod put my plate in the sink. Curtis then says "By the way, we gotta head to the hospital. You should be able to have your cast taken off now" I nod again and go to put pants and shoes on.

Once in the car, Curtis starts driving to the hospital. On the radio "The resistance" by Skillet was playing.
"Magic, static, call me a fanatic.
It's our world, they can never have it.
This is how we rise up.
It's our resistance, you can't resist us"
I smiled and listened to the song. I like skillet.

Soon we arrived at the hospital. We had to wait for the doctor to take my cast off so Curtis bought some snacks while we wait. It took around 40 minutes for the doctor to see us, by that time the snacks were gonna but I didn't care about that. I was miffed that the doctor took so long.

Once the cast was removed, Curtis started driving home. However, we stopped at an arcade. Curtis smiled at me and said "Let's have some fun" he got out and so did I. We went into the arcade and got tokens.and started playing the games. I've never been to an arcade before and Curtis said I should try whack a snake. It's like whack a mole but better because if I hit a purple snake I get 10 extra points plus it gives lots of tickets. I didn't know this arcade is the one with tickets and prizes. That made me really happy.

I went over to whack a snake. It has a picture of some creepy looking guy with black hair, white skin, yellow eyes, and purple marks around his eyes. I put a coin in the thing and pick up a hammer.

At first the snakes pop up slowly then faster and faster. This game is surprisingly easy. At the end, I hit 27 yellow snakes, worth 1 point, and 11 purple snakes. In total I have 137 points and I ended up with 250 tickets. I smiled and play again except next time I get 325 tickets. Now I have 575. Curtis says people don't play it because it's too easy and for kids and because of that they don't get much tickets. I then decide to play other games.

Soon I have 872 tickets. Then, something awful happens. Autumn walks through the arcade door. Curtis sees this and grabs my arm, dragging me to the prize counter. Curtis got 1,250  tickets and he got me a giant stuffed lamb. I cashed in my tickets and got a bunch of candy. Curtis then quickly made us leave.

As Curtis was driving home he said "If we weren't in a public space I would have kicked her ass if she tried anything, and I know she would have tried something so I couldn't do anything." I nodded and relaxed in the car. Soon I fell asleep.