Chapter 2.

When I wake up I notice I am in a bed. I know it is not my bed and I know I am not in my house. My house is old and hasn't been cleaned so it has a musty, dirty smell and the same with my bed. I then realize I am sleeping on my stomach and I don't bother rolling onto my back because I'll be in pain if I do. I am still tired cause I can't sleep well because of  so many problems. My house is so dirty and I can't clean it and it smells awful. I have no help to clean it cause my parents are dead, and that is another reason I can't sleep. The final reason is because I have no heat so I am always freezing and that makes it hard to sleep. But now I can sleep, I am in a warm bed and it is so comfortable. I bury my face into the clean pillow and try to continue sleeping. I don't know where I am but right now I don't care.

As I try to fall back sleep, I can hear the door to the room I am in open.
"Come on, time to get up" I hear a familiar voice say. I'm so tired I can't remember who's voice it is but I do know it is familiar. I don't say anything and just keep sleeping. The person who entered the room sat next to me on the bed and started to rub my back, saying "Come on, it's time to eat" at hearing that I instantly sit up. The only time I get to eat is at school during lunch. The person chuckles and says "Well that certainly got you up" I look at the person who was talking and I saw that it was my teacher, Curtis. I cross my arms and glare at him. He just smirks and says "Still grumpy? Well try and get over it. You're gonna have to deal with me for a long time"
"What do you mean?" I ask grumpily,
"I adopted you. I think you have been acting out because you no longer have your parents there for you and you are angry at the world. Well now I'm here and I'm always going to be here for you" Curtis says. I tear up because what he says is true. I have been acting out cause my parents are dead and I now have no one in my life. I nearly tackle Curtis in a hug and start crying. He rubs my back and lets me cry.
"Shh, shh, I'm right here" Curtis says and holds me comfortingly.

After a little bit when I am more calm, Curtis pulls me away and wipes the tears from my eyes. He then looks at me and says "Come on, let's eat" I just nod and get out of bed. Curtis leads me to a dinning room, he makes me sit down at the table and gives me a plate of chicken fingers and french fries. They look good and I instantly start eating and they are good. While Curtis has only finished half, I am already done. Curtis smiles and says "I figure you haven't eaten in awhile so I made a lot." he then takes my plate and walks into the kitchen and soon comes back with it except their more of the stuff on it. He sets it in front of me and says "There's still plenty more"
"Thank you" I say and start eating again. I eat slower this time so I can really enjoy the food, It tastes amazing. I can tell that everything is homemade so it makes it taste better. When I finish I am finally full, I haven't been full in a long time. Curtis smiles at me and asks "Was it good?" I nod and say "Very" Curtis keeps smiling and says "Good. Now then, go ahead and take a shower, I got you some new clothes while you were sleeping. There is a pair of pajamas on the sink in the bathroom"
"Thanks" I say and smile and walk into the bathroom. As soon as I walk in and close the door, I see a pair of sweatpants and black shirt. I feel them and they are very soft.

After my shower, I get dressed into clean clothes and walk back to my room. As I walk in, I notice a periwinkle colored teddy bear. He has brown button eyes and a stitched smile. I smile and pick him up and hold him close.
"You should head to bed now" Curtis says, I don't turn around to look at him and instead just nod and get into bed. I get under the covers and snuggle my new teddy bear. Curtis kisses my forehead and says "Goodnight" before leaving my room. I smile and close my eyes. This is perfect, I have food in my stomach, a clean house, and a dad. This is absolutely perfect. I fall asleep happily.

Author's note: Hey everybody! I hope you like this. This is supposed to be it but if you want I can do more chapters. Let me know if you want more chapters.